Newbie Cfl Microcab Grow Need Help And Suggestions

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by kenz007, Aug 17, 2014.

1. #1 kenz007, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
    Hi Guys

i need recommendations for my grow box. :)

Length: 2 Feet (24")
    Width: 1 Foot 4 Inches (16")
    Height: 4 Feet (48")

10 24w daylight bulbs
     2 Intake Holes
    4 Exhaust Fans
    2 Fans
    Seed : White Widow

Light Running Time 18hours / 6hours
    Running Temp around 25-29 degrees celsius
    Humidity 30%-40%

Soilless Mix
    with perlite and vermiculite and some other stuff.

Fertilizer
    -- Chemical or Organic? haven't decided yet, any recommendations?
    when do i start fertilizing?

Topping method? LST? Scrog? 
    How many plants can i place in there? 

Will be putting up DIY c02 boosters soon once i get 4 leaves..

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Hey looks good, I'm doing my first grow right now too and its going great. I would put something reflective in the walls to maximize the efficiency of your light. Ideally Mylar but I found a Sun blocker for your car windshield and it works good. For fertilizer I would imagine always go organic, I've read using synthetics can cause nutrient lockout and effect the fast of your weed. I've used the Alaskan fish fertilizer 5-1-1 from home depo and it works great. I would wait like 2 more weeks until you use fertilizer

Sent from my LGMS769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. nice build :) looks well thought out.

With the way your lighting is setup I would grow a single bushy plant in there. Or you can run multiple smaller bushes...that would cut down on veg time. Is your seed feminised? If so, I would lst or top it on the 3rd node or so and take clones as you go if you plan to do multiple plants.

I think the highest yields for small cfl grows is the drbudgreengenes method. Which is lots of small plants packed in there...flowered when they're about 3" tall, they finish at about a foot tall with 3-7g each. It takes a steady supply of clones...but can yield a bunch of buds with steady harvests. I use this method in my vertical hps cab and it works great.

4. Thanks for the reply bongsauce! How big should the pots be? Should i go organic or chemical? What should i do next? :)

5. Thank you charperr thats great to hear! Thank you!
    Im sprouting another black russian seed. How do i take clones? :)

6. you should go through and read some of the stickies. There's a ton of info around here.

chem or organic is up to you. Both have their advantages, chem takes more work imo..but you get more consistant results. Soil / orgaincs seem to have a steeper learning curve.

7. Day 6 White Widow
    Humidity: 30%-40%
    Temp: 26-29 degrees

Sprouting 3-4 leaves but just a little!

i planted my germinating black russian, hope it thrives!

@[member="Bongsauce"] thank you very much!! :) do you think my humidity is too low? how do i increase or its not necessary? :) Thanks!

Attached Files:

8. looking great :)

I wouldn't worry about humidity...less humidity means you water a little bit more often.

9. looking good! 

10. Thank you @[member="Bongsauce"] and @raembo. :) is there anything i can do to improve my box? Will c02 booster work? Sugar yeast and bottles

11. I wouldn't worry about co2 ...your exhaust would suck it right out. It takes a different sort of set up to efficiently run co2.  You could sprout some more seeds :p

12. @[member="Bongsauce"] you're probably right about that. :)) I'm still unsure to when to start fertilizing, i guess i'm thinking too much. haha anyway,

Day 8 White Widow
    Temp: 25-29 degrees
    Humidity: 30%-40%

Seedling still growing slowly but, its growing! :D  :metal:

i will do my best to complete this grow step by step!

Attached Files:

13. with seedlings, they actually have some nutrients stored inside them....to be used up during sprouting. After the seedling uses these reserves, the cotyledon will yellow (round leaves) This is a sign that the seedling is now using nutes from the soil/medium. 

How much organic nutes type stuff did you mix in the soiless? earthworm castings, bone meal, blood meal...any stuff like that? If you mixed a bit of those things in as well, the plant should be ok for at least a few weeks. At any rate the plant will let you know when it needs nutes...usually the first deficiencies you wil see will be yellowing of the bottom most leaves (nitrogen def.) or patches or gray/green on the bottom most leaves that dry out and spread (P def.) 

.. it's good to be concerned about all things growing. That way you can recognize problems as soon as they appear...instead of maybe missing them for a few weeks till much more damage is done. The most I've ever learned was from reading though threads and seeing other peoples mistakes/fixes before I encountered them personally.

14. @[member="Bongsauce"] it's just a basic soilless mix with no fertilizer, i have 2 options: i have ecogrow and ecobloom fertilizer here. or, brew some ACT for soil feeding. im thinking mixing organic compost + worm casting for veg, and i have worm casting and bat guano for flower. but everything will be tea style since i don't want it to get too messy.. what do you think? will that be enough?

15. I don't do much of the organics stuff myself. I used to make act out of some all in one powdered mix with great results...it was foxfarm happy frog fruit and flower. basically during veg you want to run a kinda 3-2-1 ratio and during flower more of a 1-2-3 ratio (n-p-k) that's very general guidelines of course though. I'm not of much help with soil/organics stuff :(   I'm mostly a 'help you build' and a coco guy. lol

Be careful with the guano too...some dude on here had a bottle of some and smelled it and got some weird bat flu or something and was in the hospital for a week. Serious...I'm not just saying it smells bad or something :p

16. i'll start with the ecogrow ferts first and see how it goes then. :)) im praying my other seeds sprouts and that will be my organic experiment. :) @[member="Bongsauce"] thank you very much! i just hope i get as much yield as i can from this plant! question though, do you think i can make clones from small plants?

17. I normally dont groove on cabinets  but thats damn nice grow box you have going. Also a good choice on the seed.

Once a plant has branches with 3 or 4 nodes you can clone a plant easy, bigger clones do better though 4 inch branch or so,

18. @[member="snoopdog6502"] thank you very much! it's a huge compliment coming from you :D 3-4 notes? hm how big should the plant be until its ready to get cut for clones?

19. dayyymn...I got like 10 cabinets and grow boxes and snoop hasn't hooked me up with a compliment like that...lol, jk jk. You're the shizzle snoop...4 outta 5 times when I hop in a new thread to help a dude out you're already there giving better advice then me.