Colorados New Campaign To Discourage Teen Smoking

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by ogderp, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Colorado has recently launched their "Don't be a Lab Rat" campaign to discourage teens from smoking marijuana. They have constructed life size rat cages that you can walk into and inside are signs that say things like "Congratulations you're the first teenage generation living in a state with legalized marijuana. Scientists can't wait to see the negative effects it will have on your brain." They have placed these cages at parks, skate parks, libraries, and they have mobile cages that will be displayed at concerts and sporting events. They have also made a couple commercials that will air on TV and will play before movies in theaters. They also set up a website that I'll post the link to below. But most of what they say on their website to discourage teens from smoking is the same BS propaganda that has been pushed by groups like NIDA and the DEA over the years. I think that they should take a different approach to try and discourage teens from smoking. What do you guys think?

http://dontbealabrat.com

http://www.denverpost.com/marijuana/ci_26308424/colorado-ad-campaign-tests-new-message-prevent-teen

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/takingnote/2014/08/11/rat-cages-and-mixed-marijuana-messages-in-colorado/

2. Let em do what they want

If they don't develop common sense by 21 they're fucked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. so many are locked that cannabis has a bad effect on kids when there is no valid research just maybes. sounds like some bullshit that they're using to just try and avoid any issues with

• Like Like x 1
    Except for the negative effects part this is pretty much true.  The whole country is looking to see what happens (crime rate, kids usage, etc..) Can't wait to see all the ways the data gets slanted by whatever group is interpreting it.

5. Oh for pity's sake. I started smoking at the age of 13 and look at me today!! No job, no family, no friends. Just a bong, some bud and an internet connection to communicate to the outside world to. No problem!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Just took a look at the site. I don't understand why they are using government propaganda thats been proven false time and time again. plus they have legal weed. Wtf ?!?!?!

• Like Like x 1
  7. They are only solidifying their failure propaganda attempt. People who do theirDue diligence easily debunk this nonsense.

Ie to date no study has actually proved harm to the mind from cannabis. Only suggested or theorized based on differences between users non users.

In the mean time cannabis has proved to be a potent neuroprotectant, antioxidant and stimulates neurogenesis ie the creation of new neurons. If you research the connection between diseases, including neuro degenerative like dementia etc, even heart disease and cancer, oxidative stress/free radical damage as an inflammatory response is at the root. So cannabis greatly aids these.

Then there is the modulatory effects that the endocannabinoid system imparts throughout the entire body. Lots of great science here too.

So to be frank cannabis, as outlined by its research and history is actually a very important supplement for humans especially regarding longevity. Rather than prohibit every one, people should be encourage to utilize it.

The truth shall set you free.
    The anti THC brigade, GW pharma, CBD pills etc play into this but that's astory for another ttime. Ashamed my Co tax dollars are potentially supporting propaganda campaigns.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Teens should be discouraged from smoking. Or they will end up like a lot of users here. 

• Like Like x 2
  9. #10 Gregsta, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014

And your Michael Douglas avatar makes that SO MUCH FUNNIER! 

LOL

But honestly, big deal... these stupid campaigns never did a damn thing. Nobody listens to them. People oughta be smart enough to THINK FOR THEMSELVES.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I remember the tv commercials, this is your brain and this is your brain on drugs. an egg frying in the pan LOL we still make fun of those

• Like Like x 2
  11. what is wrong with that bro :gc_rocks:

12. I think he was being polite.  Probably what he meant is "end up like a lot of losers here".

• Like Like x 2