Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any Of You Blow Glass Amateur Or Professionally ? Looking To Learn The Trade.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by snoopdog6502, Aug 15, 2014.

1. I went and checked out this place today.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412031230.371625.jpg

They offer glass blowing classes and metal working classes. I might take a couple of classes this winter. Thanks for the inspiration Snoop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. #122 snoopdog6502, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014

Right the fuck on!!

They have the good torches with lots of glass and tools,kilns. People who know their shit to watch and learn from/

Good deal. :D

This morning I plumbed in the natural gas and  test fired the torch, love it!

gasline930.jpg

The long pipe going down is like a pre-cleaner, dirt trap.

Now I'm inside out of the wind and rain. :)

3. Getting shit done! i dig it.

Im a little confused about the natural gas line. Is it a pipe going deep into the ground to a gas concentration?

Yes, that is what it is, methane gas.

It burns 200 degrees cooler but is 4 times cheaper then propane. It also burns cleaner.

Still after that oxygen concentrator and Ill run the torch longer hours and can spend money on glass alone.

I can still keep a few bottle around for the bigger hotter work. I should I have $350 into bottles.

5. How much do you think you will charge once you get the hang of it? Like how much for a pipe/bong, or no idea yet?

6. #126 snoopdog6502, Oct 1, 2014

Honestly its way to soon to be selling anything I make, I have to get a kiln so the glass is tougher.

So just like any other business you charge time and materials. In this case you cant give away the fuel, glass, kiln time and labor.

Im sure all my first pieces will be cheap and look like it too.   

7. My new indoor space for glasswork. :D Not much there but my drive to make it into a fun thing to do.

Its going to be my man cave of fire. :D

8. #129 snoopdog6502, Oct 1, 2014
  9. You could spark up a joint with the torch as you work away hahahah.

10. Nice^
    Shit I'll buy some early pieces just to say I got some early shit ya know?

When I Buy glass from the artist it is more than just a functional piece for me.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

I can make a spoons and sherlocks as soon as I get bigger tube. I have a tungsten pick for making holes and opening stuff up.

I have a graphite bowl push.. Yea lack of glass is holding me back from trying more.

Dont hold your breath. tonight I made the attempt to make a spoon 9 times and a sherlock. 100% failure tonight.

I kept trying but it was not my night.

Tomorrow I work on taking a solid gather and blowing a thick tube from it. make a pendant or two.

I want to use up my oxygen by Friday so I can get a filled tank.

Need to be able to pick open a closed tube better. My bowl pushes tonight were just not good.

Have no trouble switching from blow tube to puntys.

It was a tough night for sure.

13. Practice makes perfect!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. I have a deal going down on a 5LPM 9 PSI oxygen concentrator tomorrow and if its good Ill get it for $40. :D

That would make my day, ill be melting the shit out of the glass then with no care about how much I use. run the torch all day.

More money to buy glass. :)

15. Ahh, but see now you could in fact craft a car out of glass with your new skills, and then sell that instead so you still have a car. :smoke:

16. #140 Hated, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
    Following, looking to get into this too, going to start doing some research. I guess picking up a book and taking a class would be a good start. Its pretty interesting that your a welder I would think you will make progress quick, only torch experience I have is from dabbing : )

How much did you spend on ventilation for your garage set up ? I have a general Idea of how much everything will cost except ventilation.