Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any Of You Blow Glass Amateur Or Professionally ? Looking To Learn The Trade.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by snoopdog6502, Aug 15, 2014.

1. my fav spoon had a color called caribbean blue in it the color just popped out alot on it.wish I didnt drop her

Good borosilicate colors are $20 a pound or more. next month I need to place a sizable glass order. maybe $200 or so.

3. wow i knew glass was expensive but didnt know it was that much!

guess ill be taking all the glass from now on that i find at work :)

4. new glass :) the one on the left is mine on the right is the gf's

Attached Files:

5. #425 snoopdog6502, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015

Damn those are nice,I hope to be doing some good work like that in the future.

Im still in learning mode.

The sherlock is good to go but I always look at my stuff and think of 50 things I could have done better.
    View attachment 1675858

I made it with 25mm 4 mm wall tube and forgot to blow the bowl bigger, its too thick and the hole in the bottom is too big.

I want to try one with 32mm 4mm wall and get a little more size, with that my torch starts becoming real small.

I need to get a homefill so my torch has the power of tanked high pressure oxygen. Its hard to work glass when its just not hot enough.

6. I know what you mean by your torch becoming too small. When I was using the carlisle mini cc and would be trying to melt color in even on 26 mm it would take forever and was just a pussy ass torch but I was kinda scare of my carlisle cc cause every time I shut it off it backfires and cracks real fucking loud and it drove me nuts but I finally grew a pair and it's all I've used for months lmao but keep it up man. Your doing good on the torch you've got. Hell whenever you look to upgrade I'd go on talkglass's members glassifieds and pic of a nice used carlisle or gtt phantom or mirage

7. Arrittglass, I'm mega excited for the piece!

Here's what he's made me :) ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421937964.245173.jpg
    Will take more photos when I have it

Chef.

8. Fuck yeah man. Can't wait to get this bad boy across the pond to you!

9. I looking through the letter box waiting now haha

Chef.

10. Where is that thing!

Attached Files:

11. #431 wanderingtoker, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
    Awesome, can't wait till you play with crushed pearls or slime glass! Love the updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Iv been tired overhauling my basement to hold the 12 site flo n grow hydro system . Way too tired to be on the torch, you work tired and you can burn the shit out of yourself.

A glass torch wide open will cook flesh like its nothing, even quickly through the flame leaves a 3rd degree burn.

13. Yeah I got my arm with my butane blow torch I use for pipe soldering.
    Didn't notice I was burning my arm since I destroyed the nerves, was only when I smelt something disgusting and realised it was my flesh melting lol.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421999757.966678.jpg
    Shit pic.

Chef.

14. Okay so my wife and I are going to take our classes next month and after that we will decide on taking more. I can already tell I will become addicted to it. I want to know if you can give me you opinion on something. We were going to buy another home this summer and I was going to build a studio for my new adventure well this might get put on the back shelf cause our daughter only has like 2.5 years and we want her to graduate with all her friends. Now my question is I am thinking of buying my equipment in advance for the future shop I am looking at GTT torches and wanted to know if I should save up for a big one or just start off with a smaller torch and then upgrade I mean I can save up a ton in the time I have till I get a new home. Thanks and sorry for the rant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes save and get a big one, 2 stage, triple mix for sure. Phantom $1150.00 and up. Can use a a foot peddle to get a big heat up.

http://www.glasstorchtech.com/mirage.html

Im wanting this one.

http://www.glasstorchtech.com/deltaelite.html

16. Alright thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. #437 snoopdog6502, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015
    I scored 2 K oxygen tanks 244 Cubic feet each full for $100. They cost $450 each empty here. I scored big time.

Yesterday I made 3 pipes , a pendant and a nice big marble.

This one works as a bubbler. I love it.. It will not spill when laid down carb side up. Its big too, wont burn your nose for sure.

snoopbubbler2115.jpg

I made this marble last night too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqFymGHIR-E

18. Can you do that bubbler in blue? Lol

Yes, just need to get more tube in that color.  I am ordering glass in a couple days, I have a big old list. A couple hundred bucks worth.

That one was just going to be a sherlock, it was not very well shaped and rather then melt off the pulled point blow tube i kept it on as it is extra heavy wall tube.

It was what the late oil painting artist Bob Ross would call " A happy accident" Its realy nice in function.

20. Ive honestly been looking for something like that. Good thinking bro 😊.

I love bob ross 😁