Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any Of You Blow Glass Amateur Or Professionally ? Looking To Learn The Trade.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by snoopdog6502, Aug 15, 2014.

1. I have money saved for the torch $435 

http://www.glasstorchtech.com/lynx.html

I could downgrade my torch and get my regulators and bottles or wait and get the torch this month. and bottles next month. I will probably wait. http://www.glasstorchtech.com/bobcat.html this one is $195. I need to research it more though.

Even when I have a torch, bottles and regulators. I will need some boro glass to work with.

A kiln too. then more tools and good ventilation. more glass. bigger torch, hand torch.

This shit is not cheap.

2. Torch this month bottles next for sure.

Buy once, cry once.

I'm excited for you man I hope you give us lots of pics.

3. #23 snoopdog6502, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
    LOL my woman woke up acting like a bitch, that's about the time I spend money.... Figure she is already pissed. LOL

4. Hahaha. Thanks for making the thread snoop, I was thinking about trying to find glass blowing classes when I'm done welding school in a week :D just got a few of my Canadian Welding Bureau tickets and think I would love glassblowing. The ability to make bongs and pipes is a bonus, I think glassblowing is so cool.

There's gotta be plenty of options in your area bro! at least if you're willing to drive a bit. :smoking:

6. Haha probably not. Stupid population of 75,000

7. Oh what? I thought you were GTA for some reason. :smoking:

8. I'm from the GTA, just out where my mom lives going to school. Was easier starting school and living with her for a month or two till I got my funds to move out
    Had my own place in Hamilton till I moved out here but was broke as fuck all the time and couldn't afford it. Glad I fixed that problem lmao

9. OK all you old stoners, I pulled the trigger and have a torch coming. This bitch is mine. :)

Went with the Bobcat for $200 less. now I can get tanks,regulators,hoses and start saving for a kiln.

http://www.mountainglass.com/GTT-Bobcat.html#.VBI_ASizmd8

[​IMG]
    So, I still need, fuel bottles,hoses,regulators, shades for my eyes,tools and some Mother Fucking Glass!

10. I recommend you visit all the demos and expos that are being put on in your area. Even if you have to travel, there are some pretty big names in the industry that put on these expo shows and trade demos for even beginner level.

Oh yes, get watch some pros, score some glass,colors,tools.

Things I sure as hell wont find at Ace Hardware! :D

Im finding out that there are very few glass workers in my area, they do glory hole type stuff and make a big ass vase for $9,000.

12. Please remember when you get started, it's blow NOT suck. :)

13. #33 snoopdog6502, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2014

I think its also a good idea to put your mouth on the COLD end! :D  OH SHIT!

14. What sucks it the torch is back-ordered a good month. SHIT!

Still shopping, :(

15. Im shopping still and have some good in roads.

Fuel bottles.... Fuck that and pay out the ass and run out in the middle of a project.

I am going to pipe into my natural gas in my house, Im going to buy an home medical style oxygen concentrator and run the fucking torch all I want that way.

16. Can you do it that way? That sounds awesome! Would love to see pics of that setup

Oh yes, take natural gas and add oxygen and you have fire. Bottled gasses are hotter with more power but cost at every turn.

I am looking at a home fill oxygen set up to fill my own tanks too. price is not that bad.

I did buy some 12MM Pyrex tubing , 10 feet for $18.  I might have a partner to split the cost of the big stuff lined up.

18. Hey man, i was watching apix design back when he first started here on these boards. The thing that changed his life was getting a nice lathe. After that his glass improved immedietly, over night.

19. Any of you guys seen that docu Degenerate Art? 

20. #40 skinny ninja, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
    Yeah I thought it was really well done. It gives a deep overview on the origins of the glass scene and how it evolved to what it is today. Plus it's directed by Slinger, a professional glass blower, so it doesn't get cheesy or commercialized at any point. It feels very raw.
    It's on Netflix right now, I definitely recommend it to anyone who is interested in glass altogether.