Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any Of You Blow Glass Amateur Or Professionally ? Looking To Learn The Trade.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by snoopdog6502, Aug 15, 2014.

1. We're up in the mountains northeast of Albuquerque. It's gorgeous here, but the climate is way too harsh for me. (Cold is my kryptonite. :sad:)

Here's a recent beauty shot of some of hubby's stuff.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419014663.445280.jpg

2. Again your pic wowed me! pipe playground.
    Well the mountains northeast of Albuquerqu look bueatiful to me :) im a big fan of cold weather, so sounds good to me.

Chef.

Good lord, that's a nice stash of spoons,his work is awesome. I have only made one pipe in the last few weeks and am not wanting to make much large work like big marbles. till I get a kiln.

I do have some new colors, I need to do a couple wrap and rakes. I want to master flowers inside pendants, reticello and all the pretty stuff.

Tonight I did add a 20 amp circuit breaker, ran the wire and have an outlet just for the kiln or oxycon..

4. I hope it does not break but I did make a cool pipe with some 25mm 4mm wall tube. thicker tube then I have been working and I will always use the thick wall now.

Much nicer to use by a fucking mile. Ill get a pic after it cools.

5. The picture does not do it justice, the glass is very thick and bends light, I should have silver fumed it.

I just added dots of color, just a little bit.

My shit will get better, iv only had a torch about 3 months.

pipe121914.jpg

:hello:  Amazing brotha.  You have come so far.  Every time I check in here I see some nice progress.  That spoon is almost looking shelf worthy, just a little fine tuning.

Thanks man, using the 4mm wall makes all the difference. I needed to pop and push the bowl farther back at an angle. puff the bowl out more then condense one more time. more color,silver fume. I'm still waiting on the oxygen concentrator so I'm conserving oxygen.

I also have $200 saved to go towards a kiln. I hope to buy one right after new years.

8. Man that came out good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. looking ace snoop!

Chef.

10. Wall thickness and everything looks great on it snoop!

I gotta question for ya if you can answer it I bought a new rig recently.
    And the 14mm male joint just cracked right when I stopped heating the nail up.
    Could this be because it was not annealed properly in the kiln?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

Hard to say but that is a weak point. Even with a good anneal things will crack. glass does not like rapid heat change, boro just withstands it better.

12. True.
    I should have bought a drop down with it in the first place but at least is just a tiny crack on the inside so hopefully I can still get a drop down and get my 60$ out of it lol
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419099766.135225.jpg

13. Good news is that if its just a small crack its probly repairable

14. #334 invinciblejets, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    Probably is but the piece was just a cheap one to hold me over so I'm not to concerned with it.
    With a drop down I should still get decent life out of it.

15. If you buy a cheep nail it wont displace heat well and your piece will take the heat. My nail is a two piece ceramic nail on a male to male adapter befor it hits the bubbler. The male/male never gets hot and i touch it to lift the nail out the bubbler. Couldent imagine cracking my 200$ bubbler and thats a cheep one. Just my opinion

16. #336 invinciblejets, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
    Yep exactly it was a cheap titanium they gave me with it to hold me over till my hive and and drop down came.
    which are here now but the drop down does not fit! So now I have to order a 14mm male to female adapter this cheap rig has become a PITA should have said fuck Christmas and got a real rig. Whatever tax time soon.

17. What's a drop down?

18. #338 Head Chef, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
  19. Is that for when the AC is too large and you have to move it away from the bong?

20. My Oxygen concentrator is now in Spokane. Washington so I should get it tomorrow. A 55 pound package 2,000 miles in the last 5 days is not bad for UPS at Christmas time.