Gabes First Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by gaberidine, Aug 15, 2014.

1. I'll get you some pics in just a little bit this morning Guns. The one that I'm nearly 100% is female is approximately 10-12 inches tall I'd guess from a rough estimate. More to come in a couple of hours. Just gotta get up and get right first.

2. #42 gaberidine, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    Ok so my nearly 100% sure female is only 8 inches tall the others are about 7. The first pic is her. Can't even tell I ever damaged a branch other than the zip tie that's supporting her while she regrows and heals. So yea I've got another week or two of veg left. More likely one due to space constraints. Going to mainly depend on if they do presex within the next week or not. If they do and I only have 1 or 2 females then ill wait the 2 weeks till I flower. If I have more than than two females I'll have to go with just one more week of veg because I don't think I'll have room too be honest. It's only a 4 x 2 x 5 tent. The last of the 4 pics is the smallest. It was also the one I damaged the first time I topped and since then every time I've topped it I only get one new top (which is odd... Almost as if it took on the trait of only being able to grow one when I damaged it) . I'm going to top it alone again today and attempt to get it to give me two top just too find out and make sure I didn't damage it again last time I topped it.

Attached Files:

3. #43 gaberidine, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    Ok so I removed the zip tie I was using to support the branch I had damaged and the branch is healed. I'm changing to a different set of nutes for the time being. I was just using fox farms big bloom and grow big with distilled water. Now its what's pictured below. I don't know how good they are but I ordered it because of the camg+ mainly but liked the others as well do i decided to give them a go. This last week has been just spring water and no nutes with a teaspoon of peroxide each time to clear up dome of the green algae type growth that was forming and it took care of it.

Attached Files:

4. I do believe I have 3 females out of the 4 I have going. Well from what I'm seeing and looking at I think they are female. Wont really know for sure till I actually put them into flower. It's just an educated guess at this point from watching as many videos and doing as much reading as I can stand lol. I've been giving them 24 hours of light and I'm fixing to reduce it to 20/4 this week and 18/6 the next and if I go into flower ill go to 12/12 but if I veg for another week after those two ill go to 16/8. 3 more weeks is all I'm going to give till I put into flower, hoping I can get away with just 2.

5. Sounds like a solid plan, plants look good keep it up. If you are going to do any more topping do it now so they heal up and get growing before flowering.

I never top myself, I have space and the plants bush just fine with no help from me.

6. Man I just want to say if this is the real snoop then hell yea thanks for popping in and leaving some feedback and if its just someone else using the name thanks for stopping in and thanks for the feed back also.

7. This new regiment of nutes uses a couple of marine based nute mixtures and I can smell the seaweed that's in them. Doesn't really get outside tent just in the dwc bucket. The aeration is causing it to actually build up a foam from the seaweed inside the bucket.

8. Will the real @[member="snoopdog6502"] please stand up.

9. So I noticed that my plants hadn't grown much over the last week. Only thing I had changed was the light distance from the plants. Did some research on lumen loss over distance and found out I wasn't getting very many lumens to my plants as the light was about a foot and a half from them. I lowered it 2 days ago immediately after I learned about it. In the last two days I've added on an inch and a half more growth. The light problem fixed (lesson learned) and the regiment of the new set of nutes is working beautifully. I'll get a set of pics over the next few days and show the growth.

10. These are the two tallest. I'll use them for the journey over the next week.

Attached Files:

11. Just finished trimming all the leaves that were shaded and not getting much light. Noticed also as I was doing this there was alot of new calyx growth on all the plants. Not yet showing if its going to be male or female, but from research and making an educated guess I'm going yo say I think I have 3 of 4 females. No pistil's showing yet that I can actually see, but shouldn't be too long.

12. Welp.... Just got back from Lowes and picked up some clamp light sockets. Picked up 2 5000k 23w 1600 lumen lights also. Was going to get more but they just had some cheap (really really cheap) 2way socket adapter. Gonna have to order some off amazon I guess. Found out I could of got 4 26w 1600 lumen 6700k cfl lights at WalMart for what I paid for two at Lowes. So thats 262 watts for now and 3200 more lumens so I'm 23200 lumens I'm running right now. I'll get more light for when I flower. Gonna stick with what I'm at for now.

13. So just finished with some digging and here's something I found for everyone's eyes. Explains alot to me that's for sure. It is in regards to plant growth based on 24/0 and 18/6. Which is better and which produces better. I neglected to go 18/6 yesterday so ill have to start my photo journey over again, but this does explain why I was able to see an inch or better of new growth the first day I did give them 18/6 and not 24/0. I was only able to see about a quarter inch or less of new growth with 24/0.

http://www.rollitup.org/t/biology-lesson.69404/

14. Girls are looking good this morning. Lots of new growth at the nodes. I've kinda given up on trying to get them to all stretch out more. If I move the light away to try to stretch them they don't get enough light so I'm going to just keep it in veg for another week and a half and just keep the nodes all tight like they are ( I'm talking inch and a half or less right now). This should mean more bigger buds, theoretically. I'm not expecting any kind of big harvest or anything. It's only my first grow though some have said there's no way its my first based on how good they look. All I did was talked to different people I know that grow about it and did alot of reading. Everything anyone needs to know about successfully growing is easy to find. After that its just practice and patients. As well as making improvements to grow site and equipment.

15. They were all just thinned out on Friday. Growing out and bushy alot apparently and not up lol.

Attached Files:

16. Two hours to go till I turn the lights back on. I'll take some measurements and photos of the plants and see if there is any noticeable difference in growth yet. It's actually kind of fun to experiment with something that should have no negative effects on growth. Hoping to see a difference in growth in a few days really but it will be nice to see some right now lol.

17. Ok just finished waking them up. Did a little more examining on each plant and they are all starting to show sex signs. In the pics I have one that show what appears to be female. It has the traits that they say are signs of female. I've heard upside down ice cream cone. I've heard a duck bill. It resembles both of those and it looks as though it has two tips almost side by side if you zoom in. Any thoughts? I'm not gonna say which one it is but its very bushy.

Attached Files:

18. Ok. Just got back from the VA. Had to go do my lab work for my appointment next week. Gonna have so "splaining to do Lucy" to my doc as I had 3 vials of blood drawn and had to fill a cup. Only thing my doc will see in my system I THC and that's if they check for it. Usually its just to check for scripts(the cup not the blood), but I'm not worried about it its my doc so they can't say anything about it. I'll update with pics and any changes of note. I'll be attempting to flush out my bubblers today before I refill with nute solution. I'm going to up my dosage of my nutes by a half tsp. for each of my nutes.

19. Just finished "rinsing and washing" all my pots. Just used tap water and a shirt as a filter to keep my hydroton from coming out as well as some peroxide in each one before I rinsed them out and cleaned some green algae out. Haven't been able to find anything that says if its actually helpful or not. It's not a funky algae. More like a swamp algae which is good for the aquatic life in swamps. Kind of turns mossy on the top when its not topped off. Could it be a problem? Yes it could be. I'll be using all dwc buckets like what I'm using one of right now so light wont be a problem as I'm sure it is to the roots. Should of blacked them out before I started, but was happy and excited to start and didn't do it before I had plants in them.

20. Forgot the pics lol.

Attached Files: