First Time Diy Aeroponic

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by smoosh, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Coming along nicely now! Mine are starting to look like that too! :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. After stressing her by messing up the roots when removing from pod and forgetting to turn on the sprayers one day. I am happy were I am today 38 from seed for my first DIY Aeroponic.

Today I am changing the reservoir and adding nutes for the first time.

Barneys Farm Critical Kush.

Attached Files:

3. Good morning GC! I gave my lady yesterday 8 ml of liquid karma and pure blend pro grow, also added 3 ml of Cal - mag. All per gallon.

My lady woke up today with some spots on the leaves. Hopefully is just asking for nutes and not nute burn! Hopefully is nothing and just the newer leaves getting all the food!

Please let me know what you guys think of the spots.

Attached Files:

4. I'm having the same exact problem right now! I'm pretty sure it's a calcium deficiency. Are you using Reverse osmosis water? I had the same spots, because RO water has no calcium or magnesium (amongst everything else) and I used plain RO water at first. The people who make the nutrients assume that most people will use tap water, which has calcium and magnesium in it already, so getting that calmag was a good call!

It appears that you're doing everything I would, and you have caught this problem very early! I'd see how she reacts to the CalMag. When I had the problem I added a low dose of nutes and ph'd my solution to about 5.3, then let it naturally rise, 2 days later everything started improving! That huge ph swing should ensure all nutes are being absorbed(I know... I'm going to be crucified for recommending that low a ph).

Yesterday, the same spots started to show up again, I'm thinking it's because I haven't fed them in a week so they're just hungry again. I'm no expert, but I had the same problem and what I detailed above worked for me!

I'll let you know if the second round of spots clear up on my grow, and keep you posted if I find out anymore on what this could be, or how to remedy it!

5. #85 smoosh, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
    I am using tap water 150ppm. I think she might be heat stressed and/ or high PH locked nutes. After I changed the reservoir PH was above 6.5 instead of 5.8. I corrected that so we will see hopefully it gets back on track. I also raised the lamp.

Check it out!

Attached Files:

6. Good morning! Temps have been steady at 79F since yesterday. We are having a series of warm days before winter looks like. But I dimmed my MH 400w and is helping with temp.

7. There she is! Day 4 temps looking good at MH dimmed to 75%, checked PH @ 5.8.

Attached Files:

8. Looking good ... I have zero aeroponic experience and just started dwc last month and by far the hardest part about growing hydro is the seed starting lol... I'm also growing Barney's critical kush and I'm about week 4 in veg and topped after the 3rd node to create 4 tops... She loves her Nitrogen , try giving her a light feeding about 1\\4 strength... Good luck

Attached Files:

9. What's going on guys! Well today I got busy and topped her 5th node right off. I also removed the 4 leafs that had the spots in them. I think it was because of the high PH after I cleaned the reservoir and added the nutes, but everything else looks happy and green! I am very excited!

Check it out!

Attached Files:

10. Topping

Attached Files:

11. 5 days comparison

Attached Files:

12. More topping

Attached Files:

13. I think I have to much nitrogen. I am getting some brown spots again on lower leafs.

Take a look and let me know what you guys think. I will be researching this in the afternoon after work.

Attached Files:

14. I have a similar looking issue, it is slowly moving up the plant as new growth becomes older it starts to get it, but with mine I have intervenial clorosis (in between veins is turning yellow) and my plants aren't dark green so I'm not sure. The brown spots and developing spots, along with how it spreads looks just like my issue. Let me know what you find out!

15. I am now thinking is Magnesium deficiency. I was reading that Magnesium absorbs better in hydro on a PH above 6.0. I keep my PH at 5.8; I will raise it to see if it helps.

Symptoms to mee look like PH, Magnesium, Calcium, or Nitrogen.

PH is checked daily at 5.8 and leaves are not curled down or tips burned. So I guess it has to be Magnesium and/or calcium! I did add Cal Mag a week ago 3 ml per gallon.

Some one please help before I ruin my crop lol.

16. That's what I thought, mine was a Calcium deficiency early on. I did a lot of research to compare as well and came to the same conclusion. I added more cal mag and messed with the ph and it helped. Good luck dude. Also try dropping it a little lower than 5.8 to get the full spectrum! That's what I'm doing now. Let's see how this works! Good luck!

17. Looking good today!

Attached Files:

18. Change of plans not doing Scrog. My two middle colas broke as I was bending them so I took them as clones.

So right now the other two supporting colas are all I have and is more than enough. I will train it. I already started to top one side and FIM the other.

I also was gone for 4 days and when I came back had a PH problem. I fixed it but is time to change res today!

Check it out!

Attached Files:

19. After training

Attached Files:

20. Day 16 on nutes

Attached Files: