Starting Over Pull Up A Chair

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TiPWiLL, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Okay, here is my story. I live in an apartment and am attempting to grow my own weed for personal use. (Sht gets expensive)
    I have had 2 attempts before... The second one even made it to flower and i had to shut it down for inspections from the new management group. Neway had to chop it down because i got the notice right before i went on a week long vacation. Now... Im back at it just this one lil one right nw and ill add 2 more as time goes by.
    This is just my intro. Broke growing style until i can produce smokable bud.
    Then ill invest more money into it. But how's it looking so far? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408024136.701146.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408024149.469120.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408024159.338534.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408024167.870672.jpg

A blunt a day keeps the doctors away!

2. Looks good man. We are at about the same stage. I've got purple Trainwreck feminized. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408025279.717606.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Damn man sucks you had to break down your last grow in flower for inspection. That's the shitty thing about growing in apartment rentals. Best to use a tent in an apartment. Not only will it keep the smells away, but you can break down a small one with 1 or 2 plants in it and remove it from the area and stash it away, then rebuild it relatively easily.

As far as your grow now, I'd suspect that you will be fine if you follow the same growing methods you did in your previous attempts, which sounded like they would have turned out ok. Best of luck!

4. Got a tent specifically for this reason, easy to assemble & dissasemble. And most importantly stealth.

5. Okay, good idea! I think ill purchase one today online.

6. Id recommend a secret jardin tent, they are top notch bro.

7. Definately agree here. Got a DR90 (3x3x6) and its awesome. Very high quality.

8. Tbh, every tent I even see online looks crappy compared to the jardins lol. But I heard there are some pretty good brands for a bit cheaper.

9. What do you recommend?

10. How much money do they run?

11. mine is a 2x2x5

12. How much was it?

13. Kinda spendy but worth it, you should go on there website bro and look at the models. The DR60 was about 150 with tax and all. Cheapest I could find it was monster gardens.

14. Okay ill check them out. Im thinking more and more about doing a "broke ass" grow n see hw little i can spend.

15. I spent a total of $160 that's includes MH/HPS lights Mylar fox farm bottled nutes and a bag of potting soil and perlite and beans. I'm hoping to get a few Ozs so ill be happy with that for $160 + $16/month in added electricity.

Blunts, Bitches and Banjos

16. Where did u get the light so cheap?

look up gorilla grow tent or better yet on youtube "fully automated super room"

18. Thank you, will do

http://www.amazon.com/Sun-System%C2%AE-Grow-Light-Fixture/dp/B001JL0BWG $60 + MH bulb = about $75. Mylar and potting soil are cheap from grow shops usually. I got 1000 square feet of thick black/white poly film for something like $75. And that's enough for room sized grows, so small rolls will be cheap.

If you can visit a grow shop locally you can get some items cheap, save on shipping.

20. #20 donewithweed, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    Also I use/used Lighthouse Hydro tents and they are a bit cheaper than the aforementioned secret jardin tents... but they are more like 99% lightproof. For me that was no issue. Duct tape or a cheap set of unfitted black king size sheets helps with blacking things out real well. For me that saved money upfront, and I have had not issues with my tents. No tears, no zipper problems, no bent rods (even though they are thin).

If you do wait to get a tent and do a budget grow this time, it may be worth saving for the nicer tent.