Just Checking In

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by onelovekid, Aug 14, 2014.

1. your friend caused the leaves to do that in all honesty. He gave your girls what his girls or whatever plants he had grown were used to getting. Each strain may be a lil different when it comes to feeding. You will be fine after the flush and slowly reintroducing the nutes.

2. Awesome, I mean, for what it's worth, they are all fine, or at least will be. The leaves growing from the nodes seem a little droopy and overwatered. I'm attributing that to the flush, because they were watered by him the day before. And these damned gnats love the wet soil so I'll happily let em dry out a good bit now. I feel pretty good about their progress, ive tried outdoor but never had a plant reach this maturity, and now I'm indoor! So i just hope everything will go well... And I'm worried sick about bud rot and all these other issues that I'm not prepared to identify or deal with yet... Drying it... Oh god its gonna be nuts. And since i wanna flower soon, any good ways to help with the smell, i just cant afford much more expensive equipment for a good while.

3. As far as indoors go I have zero experience and I won't lie to ya and say I do. I don't think you'll have to worry about bud rot since you are the one who is controlling humidity. Spray neem oil for the gnats or you can even slice a potatoe up, lay it on top of the dirt and the larva will be attracted to it and then remove it after a few days. For the smell idk because I've not done an indoor yet. With two or three the smell shouldn't be extremely loud tho. Be patient like I said and just deal with any probs as they arise. You'll be fine bro.

4. Also the most damaged leaves that you have are your fan leaves. You can remove them later on and it won't hurt a thing.

5. awesome, i went ahead and removed some one the very damaged leaves, exposing the nodes to direct light... So i feel good about that part. Im excited to watch the nodes react to the direct light!

6. Now just be patient and give them time to pull through there dance with trauma. You'll be fine, trust me I've done a lot worse and they've pulled thru. I'll try to get some pics up because I haven't gotten any up. I don't use cellphones during my season. Paranoia I guess. Lol, but I'll get some up and show ya mine and I had an even worse disaster than you did.

7. Just don't get your plants to close to the light. You should be able to hold your hand above the plant without it getting hot and burning you. I think you'll be fine my friend.

8. Yeah, i hand test my lights because i burnt them when they first got into veg. They weren't ready for the intense HID lighting, but they make it through that, and jumped up about 6-8 inches since then! They are extremely resilient. It's insane.
    The rubber bands of the plant world i guess

9. That they are! I told ya I had a concentrated neem oil accident in the beginning of my season. Thanks to some good strawberry diesel I smoked I wasn't paying attention. FRIED them to say the least. So bad I ordered back up seeds. Out of 6 fried one died. Now I have those extra plants aswell. I never dreamed they would of pulled thru what I did to them but they did after a rinse of the leaves and a good heavy flush. They are some tough plants.

10. Yeah, i read about been and felt uncomfortable using it because it can burn em like that... I just dont trust myself with anything just yet being my first real grow! Haha i wanna try all kinds of things but I just don't know. One of my biggest questions is, seed banks... You aren't supposed to ship to your grow address, but if my grow address is my house, how do i get them to my house?? And what about customs??

11. Neem oil is wonderful stuff for insects. Just start lightly with it. As far as seedbanks I've always used attitude Seedbank and I buy the insurance (bout $13 bucks extra) but it covers you if customs does take em. I always have mine shipped in the breeder packs in a plain envelope. I don't buy any t-shirts or anything to hide them in because that makes the package bulky and more likely to be touched by human hands at customs. The bubble envelope passes thru the same processing that a letter does and out of 6 or 7 orders to my house which is close enough to my grow that they would find it if they came but they haven't yet. Out of all my orders using that method I've never had any seized. But that is what that insurance is for. If they take them you will get a green customs letter in the mail not cops knocking at your door. Attitude is the only one I've had exp with. They have reasonable prices and free seeds with X amount of dollars when you order. There are a few in the states but I don't know of there reliability or pricing.

12. Great news to me!

13. Check the website out. Attitude Seedbank. You can choose feminized, auto, or reg seeds. It may be overwhelming at first glance but just look thru the selections and judge for yourself. They also have the most popular strains listed and any strains that have won a cup or award of any kind are listed. Great site.

14. No offense but holy fucking pricey lol. 55€ or £ w/e the fuck that is, is like 125 cdn, for 6 seeds....... fuck the global market buy local support your country and your countries entrepreneurs! I wont buy from somewhere across the world, higher prices, bigger loss risks which = down time not having your beans, and no customs to worry about. Most decent places order their own supply from around the world and offer the same seeds, and at a cheaper price as they bought in bulk.

15. Then name some reputable seed banks based in the us? That ship to non-legal states?

16. I am in Canada, that would mean I did exactly what I said I don't do. In Canada, I like bcbuddepot ( they deal with all your major reputable breeders in the US/Europe/Asia ) to order on line. In person I like to go to Toronto to happygirl420 ( can find her by googling the name for the site ). But that's me in Canada, avoiding customs. All ya gotta do is troll google, you may have a seed bank around the corner from you and not know it. And when you find a seedbank name, google that, you will see reviews from many buyers, make yourself a judgement and order.

17. . I always use Dinafem seeds because they are from Spain and it's climate most resembles mine. I've never paid over $10-15 U.S dollars for a seed. My friends and I have always used that site with success. I can go buy a clone here for same price and have to take someone's word that it is what it is. There are singles, 3 packs and on up with reasonable pricing. I've never used a bank from U.S. just them, and no offense taken man.

18. We still have to hide here in Ky so there aren't any banks close at all. I would take a straight B-line to one and get all my stuff if there was. Fuckin government, they hand out pain pills here like they are tic tacs but act as if herb is the scourge of the earth!!!!

19. Dinafem are very stand up and reputable for sure. Seemed very pricey when I used a conversion calc was all. Then add on the actual path to my destination, I get scared. 10 to 15 us per seed is not bad, still like 16 to 20 cdn for me.

20. #40 Hellbilly 4twenty, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
    It can run into a lil $ getting started for sure. I won't lie I get nervous when they are in the mail but haven't had any probs yet. But one oz will pay for my beans in the end. It all seems to balance out if and I say if you get away with it. I do outdoor so there are variables in that I'm still not past yet. Thieves and bud rot being the biggest two. But this forum is the only place I even speak of what I do. I trust nobody here!!!