Depressing Thought

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Brizock, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Let me first start off by saying that I have depression pretty bad and when I smoke mj, it heightens my sense of thoughts.

So, blazed I sat thinking,
    What if you there is no after life?
    That seems very cliché, I know, but keep reading.

No afterlife means we sit in the ground.

For eternity.

Eternity.

Forever.

Granted we may not have consciousness but to think, the last breath we take, the last blink of our eyes, and the last hugs of our loved ones, and we are simply a memory within a matter of seconds.

Then we are gone.

Eternally gone.

2. #2 BLVCK ANGEL, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
    lol,you don't have to be buried,you can be cremated and thrown into the ocean,preserved or donated to science or like me when I die (get my casket shot into outer space). <--- some Ep. of Futurama :)
     And who knows about the afterlife,But I do know what your afterlife will be like will be entirely up to you.

Im high,Try to unwind a drop and enjoy life :),Im high.

3. Just try to think that yes that's a possibility, but if theres a possibility of that then there's a possibility of an afterlife (how ever complex or simple it may be). But if there isn't, you won't need to worry about it :)

4. I'd be cool with rotting in the ground no casket and having a large garden planted where I am.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #5 Tokesmith, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
    I've had these thoughts before but realized why should I be depressed from them. Would you rather be awake in the afterlife for eternity/forever or be living under what another blade calls it "a celestial dictatorship" aka god. Now that would suck. You won't have to worry about the idea of time because it won't apply to you. Forever already happened(another blade said this) and what makes you you has already been here forever. You don't disappear and become a memory. Your actions do. Matter cannot be created nor destroyed. So you really never die. You like everything else just changes form. The idea of yourself arose out of your mind and it clings to that. That's why your feeling depressed.

"I'm to drunk, to taste this chicken" -Talladega nights

6. I like this idea and perspective thanks for your input.

You'd lose your mind trying to understand mine.

7. If you want to investigate further into this line of thought, check out this youtube channel (I have linked a particularly relevant video from the channel)

http://youtu.be/eYDwWbDhCEg

8. Consciousness isn't a dimmer switch; it has an 'on' and 'off' button. And due to the nature of oblivion, logically the 'off' part of the switch cannot exist. Therefore, the only thing that exists is consciousness (at least as far as we are concerned).

Don't worry, you'll be conscious again ;). It won't be you, but that's a good thing. Keeps things interesting. You are conscious now, after being non-conscious for billions of years; it only stands to reason that it is going to happen again. Over and over and over...

This kind of theory is actually REALLY hard to explain, come to think of it. But then again, anything involving consciousness is.

9. We all have energy inside of us. It's proven that you cannot create or destroy energy. Therefore our energy must go somewhere. Either displaced or as a whole. So there is something after our bodies die.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Sit in the ground?!?!?! Do you not realize all the energy and process of events much greater than anything fathnomable brought you into existance in the first place- Cannot be destroyed. Life is change. I hope you grow more comfortable with the idea of passing with time and experiences of this life under your belt.

Because it doesn't click man. There is nothing at all to prove that you will be ever again. Don't waste your precious time.

I want to be buried directly into the ground so that my essence is properly distributed back into our love boat earth. I will live forever as lush grass and beautiful trees perhaps. The idea of closing myself up in a casket for random bacteria and molds to devour me in the box is fucking horrifying, what a waste of a good nutritious meat suit.

11. Urrr smoking weed gives me ouchies on my feels.

12. Some states have natural burial laws. They bury you in a pine box that will naturally decay and allow your remains to go back to the earth. I always use to say just catapult me into the forest after I am dead. But this looks more civilized then a body flying over the trees all limp.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. the way I see it is mortality gives each moment value. Its the same as supply and demand.

If you had infinite time, time would be worthless.

The afterlife is no different. Its just another place you go to be immortal.

Being immortal is what's truely a depressing thought

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Why is this important?

15. You what's a depressing thought?
    The idea that people could be in hell suffering for eternity

Eternal suffering... yea. Afterlife sucks.

I know what you are thinking. But don't believe any crime justifies eternal suffering. Two wrong don't make right.
    Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I had one thought, it was a lot.
    And this thought was followed by a lot more thought
    As more and more crashed through the door, my mind was cluttered with thought galore.

Now here at old forest lawn I lie
    The thoughts have ceased and so have I
    And all the worms chomp with glee
    at all that thought has left of me.

OSS