Flower Of Life

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Ace Bino, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Just found out about this new age stuff anyone want to explain the meanings of the flower of life, tree of life, fruit of life etc

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Watch hundreds of documentaries on youtube, you'll figure it out.

3. There's so many I don't even know where to begin plus opinions you guys believe in it or naw

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Aaaaaaah!  The answer to life's mysteries lies within youtube documentaries!  Who'd a thunkit?  :rolleyes:

C'mon p'p, you're better than that...

5. Sacred geometry is such a beautiful thing! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408083260.904496.jpg

6. Can't help you with finding good conten, but here's the deal with new age (or any spirituality for that matter): Greedy people are ALWAYS looking for seekers. No matter where you look, always have the question "Will this dude eventually want my money?" in the back of your head.

7. I read this explanation a while back looking for a tattoo pattern...(lol) It shows different interpretations of various Trees of Life (and pics) from all over the world. This guy was doing this site on his own when he was recovering from an injury. It is only information.. Here is the beginning of the explanation..somewhat of an archetypal representation..

There is a symbolic theme or metaphor that runs throughout many cultures. The outer form of the symbol varies but they are all expressions of the same thing. In various cultures we see some symbolic representation of the center and axis of the world, cosmos and/or the self.
    There is the axis mundi or “axis of the world”. This is not to be taken as the earth's poles but rather a metaphysical axis of the entire world which includes the heavens (or Heaven), the underworld (or Hell) and the spiritual realm in addition to the physical earth. It is something like a spine that holds together all of the realms from lowest to highest with the human world in the center.

Pretty interesting about other things like this as well:

https://neurometaphysics.wordpress.com/tag/tree-of-the-soul/

Attached Files:

8. Look to chinese guardian lion dog things. They always guard the pattern beneath their foot.

For sacred geometry, look to pythagoras. You should maybe look a little a plato and neo-platanism. Manly p. Hall is a good scholarly resource for all things esoteric. Check out hermeticism to top it off.

9. I'm not better than anything. I'm just a corpse with flowers growing out of me. You can take a look and a sniff, but the prettiness of the flowers will be placed upon the background of this corpse.

10. You should strive to me more like compost, rather than a corpse... 

Flowers grow far better in compost, compared to rotting meat flesh...

Of course, compost needs to be maintained/nurtured, whereas rotting meat flesh does not...

11. A corpse can't really strive to be much of anything. I think I'll be compost soon anyways.

Zombies don't make good compost... :)

13. Personally, sacred geometry and the flower of life stuff is a load of shit. Math is everywhere, the language of the universe. With basic math comes basic geometry and that's all sacred geometry is, picking out common patterns and subscribing a meaning to it. You're more than welcome to do so, but its no different than subscribing to a religion.

Mobile mumbling..

14. The flower of life is wwwweeeeeeeeedddddd man...:ph34r:

15. There's no need to ascribe any meanings. Just enjoy what's there. Well. One could argue that sacred geometry has a practical importance. Things to do with our own constitution, that of our bodies and the world around us. Frequencies and vibrations all result from geometry. In fact, on some level, everything experienced results from geometry. Then again, geometry is just another word.

16. No, one could argue that simple, plain geometry has a practical importance. That's all sacred geometry is.. geometry. It becomes sacred when people subscribe religious/spiritual meaning to the geometry that just is. As I said, people are more than welcome to do so.. but its no different then putting belief into a religion.

Mobile mumbling..

17. It's either everything is sacred or nothing is sacred. The in between isn't exactly wrong either though. It's just one focus over another.

18. "Everything is nothing, nothing is everything. Good and evil don't exist, but they do. I'm going to say that everything is one of two things, but if its not one of those two things.. its not wrong. No one is ever wrong, but no one is ever right, in the same way everyone is wrong and right."

That's the general gist of your posts, why are you even arguing this? So you can argue it, then turn your argument around, then reduce it to meaning nothing?

Mobile mumbling..