Mining On The Moon

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by PeacefulToker14, Aug 14, 2014.

1. I didn't say you did.

I was just commenting on peoples irrational fear of guns, when real villains have their fingers on nuclear launch keys at all.times. it was relevent to fearing the Chinese government

Forgive me

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I think they will make more money selling the story of how they want to do this then ever getting one scrap of ore from any asteroid.

It would cost a few billion to create a craft, then a few billion to launch it. For a few billion you could buy most of the ore mining companies on this Earth.

I have a script if anyone wants to make a Billion on the movie to pay for the craft.

• Like Like x 1
  3. well yea that's why we haven't started yet.

But if we start building anything in space; like say, a moon base, a space station, or a Mars.colony, we don't be able to use materials from earth.

Eventually there will.be enough money in it to do it.

Unfortunately the cost to send material to and from the moon is more than any mineral ever discovered.

Even LEO travel per oz. is several times more expensive than gold.

That being said, if we could set up some kind of manufacturing on the moon, that Titanium could be a useful raw material.

It's also hella cheap to leave lunar orbit, which means if we were smart, we'd be building large space going vehicles there, where gravity is light, and real estate is cheap.

5. Well yea that's basically what I said.

Its too expensive to send materials to and from earth.

A noon base allows the gathering of resources and a launch pad from orbit for cheap.

Its really the startup cost that's an issue.

6. #86 occasionalburnout, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    Lol, it's not...

7. The moon used to be earth2. Fact. I think.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum:blaze: