Mining On The Moon

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by PeacefulToker14, Aug 14, 2014.

1. #61 bizzy93, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
    Keep digging until you see the green!..

Aliens! I mean Aliens and not cannabis, why the fuck would you search for cannabis on/in the moon?

2. #62 yurigadaisukida, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
    I would hope that by the time humans are mining so much that gravity is effected, Wed have technology to fix it.

As for controlling earths environment, you should look up.chemtrails and weather modification.

There is some conspiracy shit to sift through, but there is also real science behind it.

During the Beijing Olympics China used weather modification to create a blizzard (and ended up causing lots of damage to Beijing)

They basically spray metals out of pplains and these metals collect moisture causing clouds. Its Called sstorm seeding
    I feel you. I don't trust anyone
    There was an episode of the universe or something where they talked about gravity anchors. Interesting stuff. Basically they tow a comet close to earth and use the comet's gravity to move earth slightly

Nuclear energy would be especially useful of we invented efficient wireless energy.

If we had gargantuan nuclear plants in space beeming energy down to earth, no one would be able to say shit about the dangers, because its in space.

Exactly, especially if we want to go into space ever. The moon's gravity is low enough that we would use it as a launch pad instead of earth.

You might be also interested in the space elevator if you haven't looked it up yet.

NASA is trying to design one
    Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I hear moon weed OS tie shit

4. Nuclear fusion would be one of the best if not the best sources of energy. But currently we only can use nuclear fission for energy. They still haven't found a way to get more energy out of fusion than they put in. But it's only a matter of time. France is going to build a fusion reactor by 2020. Its purpose is to see if it's can work like a power plant. Whoever perfects fusion is going to be a very rich man.

"I'm to drunk, to taste this chicken" -Talladega nights

5. I have a hypothesis that you can't get more power from fusion than you put in.

In nature fusion reactions result from gravity.

I could be wrong, but I see us using the sun as a fusion reactor in the future

Why build.one? There is a giant one there

i would think the sun would be too unstable. too little control. not to mention if even one single atom of iron is created by contamination or random chance the entire thing explodes.

7. I don't think a single atom of iron will trigger a super Nova. If that were so, it would have happened long ago.

What you are referring to is the point at which fusion produces iron. Once the reaction starts producing iron, the energy yield drops, causing the star to collapse.

Adding iron to the star wont cause it. It needs to be at tthe stage where its converting its own materials into iron. This is what causes the core to absorb more energy than it releases and collapse

8. #68 Tokesmith, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
    The sun is pretty much already our own fusion reactor. Almost all the energy on earth comes from it. I don't see us using it as a nuclear reactor though.

We could have giant solar panels orbiting it and capturing huge amounts of energy. Then with what you said earlier we could send the energy to earth in a wireless signal

Someone needs to invent that already.

9. That's what a fusion reactor is though. Think about it

How does a combustion engine work? A solar panel? A nuclear reactor?

That do all these things have in common? Its a source of energy surrounded by a reciever for Tue energy.

How would energy be harvested from a ffusion reaction? Why can we harvest from the sun in the same way.

Even a solar panel bubble, would effectively be a fusion reactor

10. •That would be nice and all we can do is hope that we just keep advancing in technology.
    •I know a little about chemtrails but not much. Do you know about HAARP? it's abunch of mirrors that can be controlled. They can direct mirrors to aim in certain ways which affect the weather in different places. It's very interesting IMO.
    I should look more into them again. I used to be a major conspiracy theorists but i stopped a few months ago.
    • word mon, I feel like In these days it's hard to give people trust. That's really cool I'll have to check that out too. It sounds really interesting. The gravity and speed of a comet could rotate the earth?
    •wireless energy? Is that possible?
    I never heard of it before but sounds like we would have to be really technologically advanced.
    • you mean like making a huge tube that travels from the moon to earth? That would take lots of material to construct. And would have to be very strong incase of meteor showers or whatever that could be a danger to it.
    • I agree it's lower gravity and no atmosphere on the moon so if we could make that a Launch pad Into space. We would be able to travel farther than before possibly.
    • space elector sounds pretty cool I gotta search that up.

11. I agree with you on that. Whoever is the first person to create nuclear fusion will be very wealthy.
    That's really interesting that farce will have one by 2020. It's just all about how fast we can advance without messing up.

12. :D

I don't like to talk too much about weather modification. A lot of people think iits a conspiracy theory. Perhaps some of it is. Bit there is real science there too. Storm seeding iis fascinating

Sort of. They basically bring a comet close to earth. Earths gravity will pull the comet, and the comets gravity will pull earth. Hypothetically we can use this to relocate earth. Like if we think a comet is going to hit us, or if the sun starts going red giant and we need to move further out.

However, if you want to talk about dangerous stuff, messing with the orbits of planets can fuck up earth way more than anything else we've done

You just gotta understand how energy works.

When a solar panel takes energy from the sun, that's wireless energy.

When a bolt of lighting strikes, that's wireless energy.

It is possible to get energy from a reaction, say a combustion engine, convert than energy into some other form, say Gama rays, then beam said energy to a reciever. Wireless energy.

Obviously if it was easy/efficient it would be done already, but I'm sure it will happen eventually.

No. A space elevator would be a rope basically. But the rope would be made of something sstrong like carbon nano tubes. The elevator can't go to the moon because the moon orbits earth and would rip the elevator out, also its to far away
    The moon is actually quite far

The elevator would basically be a rope and a platform that takes just into orbit where you could launch without figthibg gravity

Not further. Just cheaper. That's the main thing. Launching from earth takes a ton of energy

Yea NASA was doing a contest to see if anyone ccould build a working prototype. You can find it on yoruube

13. #73 Tokesmith, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
    Yea I see what you mean. We're capturing energy from a fusion reactor, which is the sun.

I thought you meant that we could use the suns gravity to fuse particles.

14. LOL. That could be interesting.

A solar powered fusion reactor

15. • I take it there's a lot of different weather modification ways out there? I read some one sided articles on HAARP. In the article they were stating how HAARP could help out with war. For example: lets say team A has 10 tanks and only 2 fighter jets.
    Team B has only 2 tanks and 10 fighter jets. Team A could use the HAARP to create a thunder storm so that way it would cancel out the air fighting and go to ground battles where team A has the advantage of 10:2. There are good things though too like maybe they could use HAARP to bring water to dry areas that try to grow plants and farm.
    • That sounds really cool. If it actually worked and was possible to get a comet and use it, that would be very awesome lol.
    •oh okay now I understand what you mean by wireless energy. It's pretty much like wifi connected to a product. Except this is on a bigger scale of course.
    The way we are advancing technologically I feel as If most of the impossibilities are becoming realities.
    • okay. I'm going to look more into that and get more Info and understanding from it.
    • true, I would be proud of NASA if they could create a launch pad on the moon. Less fuel helps save on drilling and fracking, which helps save the environment.
    •what's the name of the video on YouTube? I would love to check it out!

16. idk the name

Just search for space elevator

17. alright cool.

18. #78 painterdude, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
    It's only a matter of time until someone puts a military base up there. That's when things start getting really fucking scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Ikr?!

People are afraid of civilians having guns?!

You should be way more afraid of elites controlling orbital death rays.

I know that sounds absurd, but realize while we sit here and debate gun control, the leaders of nations around the world have their finger on the nuclear launch button, ready to erase whatever they need from existence

20. Hmm. I don't recall saying I was scared of civilian gun ownership. I do however get a little weary of China putting a military base on the moon.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum