How Much And How Often Do You Drink And Is Anyone An Alcoholic?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Steve_French, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Used to drink to get smashed. Got me into many problems. Now I drink to relax. No more problems. U learn in time. If u make it through the bullshit if u wanna drink.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I drink 3 - 5 days a week.
    Now don't get me wrong, most days.. it'll be one drink in the pub after work with my mate or whatever. Once a week, I might get absolutely shitfaced... but that's student life lol.

I don't think I'm an alcoholic but by GC standards, I sure look like one :laughing:

I think it's just a cultural thing. From the beginning of life to death. Baby christening? Everyone gets smashed. Weddings? Of course, get drunk. Funerals? Yep, it would be rude not to get drunk.

There's this line my dad and his friends in the pub will tell anyone who'll listen.. "this country is so shit, all you can do really is drink"

3. I'll have a brew with dinner occasionally. I try not to drink at all though, alcoholism runs in the family.

4. Head chef got a warning for getting too drunk at work but said I can hold my alcohol, so I upped it up lol

5. I drink every night. I'm not proud of it, but i'm willing to admit it. Only been drinking daily for about a year. I don't get drunk hardly ever, just a nice buzz and some dabs to intensify it. 2-3 heavy craft brews a night, maybe 4 if im in the mood. 

6. I drink a lot

Sent from my LGMS323 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. When I first turned 21 I was drinking at least 5 nights a week. Then I barely drank at all for a few years...now I'm back to drinking like once a week. Usually it's 5-6 strong IPA's on Friday or Saturday night with my buddies.

8. My dad was a alcoholic, my grandma was a alcoholic, and my uncle was a alcoholic. My uncle died from alcohol, he used to drink 2-3 750ml bottles of whiskey per day for several years. He was the worse alcoholic you could see, shaking like crazy and couldn't even speak without alcohol, he later died when he was 50 from his alcohol abuse. I used to drink too much getting blackout drunk at least 2 times a week. I now only drink in social settings but weed saved me from being a alcoholic. I switched over to weed which helped me a lot in not drinking anymore and couldn't be happier. Some people think it's no big deal but someone like me it's very hard to stop drinking once i get going leading up to a crazy binge so i tend to only have 2-3 drinks along with weed in social settings. Actually the weed makes me not drink or not want to drink so i can only have 2-3 beers when i'm high. When i was starting to fall into the trap of alcohol i was drinking easily 15 beers with a half a bottle of whiskey or even more some nights. 

9. I drink usually 3-5 days out of the week. Usually just Budweiser's unless we go to a bar then I'll take some shots. I don't really see it as a problem, I never drink alone it's always with friends/girls in a social setting. I mean shit, you can't be an alcoholic in college right?

10. I'm blue collar, half-Irish, and I live in Australia. Not only that, but I live in the place where alcohol is strictly regulated because of its rampant abuse. Yeah, I drink every day. As the locals say, "it's too fuckin' hot to care about anything but cold beer."

I usually have one or two beers after work, but certainly not enough for me to buzz on. I probably drink-drink a couple times a week, on the weekend. Sometimes not even. I far prefer the herb.

There was a time when I would (and did at the time) refer to myself as a functional alcoholic. I was 19 and I'd come home off a multi-day bender, pop a beer, and head to work like it was nothing. It was mad, and I don't remember it fondly, but at the time I was fucking invincible. Surprised I didn't get myself killed, to be honest. The day I applied to be a firefighter was the day my life turned around.