How Much And How Often Do You Drink And Is Anyone An Alcoholic?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Steve_French, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Really?
    I never get a hangover from beer no matter how many I have,
    Once I add even a couple shots into the mix I am at risk of a hangover.
    I assume its because beer basically gives you a full serving of water with each drink helping to keep me hydrated enough to avoid a hangover.
    Obviously with shots that isn't the case,
    You can easily have as many drinks worth of alcohol as you want and you are basically getting no hydration value out of it.
    If I get drunk on beer im getting Atleast 12 glasses of water worth of hydration along with it.
    I have tried drinking a full glass of non alcoholic fluids for every shot I have when im having shots with my beer,
    That does seem to work and keeps me from getting any hangover
    But I find it difficult to keep up and remember to drink enough fluids...
    And I usually don't end up doing it enough to always be hangover free.
    But that's just my personal experience

2. Yeah for me it isn't an issue with hydration but more of the stuff inside alcohol that my body doesn't react well to.

1 shot of vodka - instant headache
    10 shots of silver tequila - fine all night and morning
    1 corona/heinekin/colors - minor headache
    1 wheat beer - hot face but no headache

Took me about 10 years to figure it all out, by accident.
    I was forced to drink silver tequila and found I can drink massive amounts and get drunk but literally no hangover ever.

3. Thats strange. I guess everyones body reacts differently.
    When I do get a bad hangover the next morning I'm usually extremely sick to my stomach and a few times I have thrown up the next day.
    Most people I have talked to say they don't get that the next morning and they just get a bad headache.

4. None anymore. Hooray for liver disease!

I used to put it away though, I realize it a lot more now than I did at the time, I was pretty oblivious to the possibility of alcoholism myself. Once I was around seventeen, it was anywhere from two beers to a fifth, most days of the week. I had always loved drinking with friends as a teenager, and the love of booze carried on with me. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss drinking sometimes, but all and all, I'm glad I gave it up. Both for health reasons, and I know that I have an addictive personality due to my past with another dangerous drug, so I never want to become that way again with alcohol.

To me, it's not as much about how much you're putting away, but your ability to go without it. Stop drinking for a week. A full seven days, no excuses. If you can't do that, drinking might start being a problem for you.

5. #25 4r5t6y7, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    I like the occassional beer but my body doesn't like alcohol.  I'm Asian and my face gets SUPER red and hot after a single beer ( like literally as red as my avi ).  I get this sickening feeling in my stomach and my heart beats hard I can feel it through my chest.  

But I mean I feel great for the first hour or so of drinking then I get SUPER tired and don't feel like doing anything except falling asleep, and then I can't even fall asleep and when I do I don't even feel like I slept when I wake up.  

Sometimes I wish I could enjoy alcohol for the social aspect but then again I'm glad I don't drink because it's a terrible drug.  When my friends get drunk around me all I observe is trouble and craziness.  Trips me out bro.

6. #26 morange, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
    Every couple of weekends I'll buy a case of 18 beers. On fridays and saturdays when I have beer I'll drink 3-6 throughout the night. I haven't been doing this in a while though because I think it's a bad habit.

If I buy a case of beer I won't drink for at LEAST 2 more weeks.

EDIT: honestly a lot of the time I just drink then pass out. I only start drinking once everything I need to do has already been done and I am just hanging around til I sleep anyway.

7. i drink more than most people but i still hit the gym everyday. as long as it's not in the way of your life i say get drunk

8. Nearly all alcohol makes me red too, except silver tequila... not the best tasting but it works for me.

Very well said.  I struggle with alcohol too.  It sucks to need that drink just to feel good or feel normal.  Why can't someone feel good without it?  Still trying to figure that one out.  Maybe just brain chemistry?

10. honestly if I have weed I don't drink at all, but if I am going out to a party or chillin with the family, I usually get loaded as much as I can lol. But honestly if you find a perfect medium between booze and bud the synergy is amazing!

Plus if your able to get your shit done during the day and you like to get hammered at night, I see no problem with that

11. I drink like once every few months because there's a high chance I will throw up my body just does not agree with alcohol. I went to a party the other night with 2 friends and there was a large cooler full of jungle juice. I'm about 240 at 6feet and my 2 friends are in the 150 range at the same height all 3 of us only drink ocxsionally. I had less to drink than them both but was the only one throwing up when we got back to my boys house. My body just really does not like alcohol

12. I tend to go from one extreme to another with booze. Either I don't drink at all for months at a time or I am drinking way too much, I'm in a dry period right now.

13. #33 MandalaSmoker, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
    Every other fucking day now.

Not needing to though but my mind needs a release.

Not needing to as in dependent and my mind really doesn't need it but anxiety is hard to deal with for me and how it makes me think ect ect.

14. A couple times a year, not very often prefer bud over booze any day of the week. Don't see the point in drinking unless you are celebrating something and even then I usually don't get completely smashed.

15. I drink a lot, at least 3 whiskeys a day.

16. #36 240sxLover, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
    I probably drink a 6-12 pack per week, drinking two or three days of the week. Liquor on Thursdays and Fridays pretty often. I'm not an alcoholic by any means, if I've ever been addicted to anything it was cannabis. That's why I quit cannabis and just drink/use psychedelics weekly. It allows me to be more functional and is cheaper since I can't grow.

17. I don't really drink unless I am around friends. I'm not a huge fan of alcohol, I don't really like the taste, the hangover, and what it can do to people. I have seen so much pain be caused from alcohol and the people that use it. Sure, I'll have some beers with boys on the weekend and occasionally get slammed, but weed is #1 in my books. :smoke:

18. Let me spit some natural science y'all 

If your body reacts the way it does, it's the natural reaction it has. 
    You can NOT compare it to other reactions it gets, because no person's body is the same
    Alcohol, like cannabis, is a personal gauge,

Test your limits, do not exceed them, and enjoy the effects that are potent enough for you to control without paranoia 

'nuff said 

19. I like a beer after work once or twice a week. About once a month on a weekend I'll get drunk with friends (4-6 drinks)

Getting drunk isn't really that fun anymore though, I prefer to get high. :hippie:

20. i may drink a beer on occasion. that's about it though

the weed is all i need :smoke: