Mental Illness Support/awareness Thread

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Papageorgio, Aug 14, 2014.

1. [​IMG]
    This is so accurate, I don't know if I should be laughing or not....

2. i have borderline personality disorder, two depressive disorders, two anxiety disorders, and an eating disorder.
    i'm pretty filthy in the head. they were all really controlling my life before i began smoking regularly-- not so anymore. i still struggle with a lot of things, but i'm coping a lot better now.

3. Your story sounds a lot like mine, you're most certainly not alone. I've had bipolar II, Major Depressive Disorder, Seasonal Affective disorder, PTSD, Generalized Anxiety disorder..I think that's it. I know there's not to be any medication talk but I want to share that I've tried over 80 meds to try to get within normal limits. It can take years to get the right combo. Even with the meds I can't shake the depression right now. It's all consuming. Nice to know I'm not alone either.

4. Thank you. I will be going to a doctor soon to talk to them. I need to find out what my baseline is since Ive been on meds so long. I know its tough to find the right combo and Ive tried so many with terrifying affects but we shall see😉 thank you

5. Anyone else find their confidence and outlook on life fluctuate wildly from day to day? I get days where I feel like i'm not smart enough to serve coffee, and the next I contemplate going to medical school. It's kind of unnerving tbh.

6. Yep. But it's more about how I look.

7. For me it's both. Usually about how I look because dysphoria is relentless.

I'm about to try to have children with my wife and I'm also not always certain that I'll be a good parent.

8. If you have the desire to be a good parent, you usually have what it takes to make it happen. Don't worry. Just be.

9. Social anxiety, manic bipolar, paranoid personality disorder, mild-extreme ocd, mild psychosis, ADD. Idk how true all of these are as I've been to different therapist. One thing they could all agree on manic Bipolar and social anxiety.

Definitely hate my brain at times but if I'm really medicated I feel a lot better definitely can be fun exploring the craziness tho

10. Holy shit that is my everyday lol yes it is extremely unnerving

11. I hate my brain

12. not really an illness but i am quite the introvert, i have alot of friends but usually prefer to be alone

13. I'm not sure what I am. I haven't been professionally diagnosed, however I know I have something. Maybe a couple somethings.

I'm certain I'm depressed. I've battled myself and lost many times throughout the years, and I have scars to prove it. I did a lot of self harm and have been extremely suicidal(planned how and when, was going to do it). One day I cut too deep and scared myself...I won't go into detail, it was weird. I didn't get stitches or anything, only 1 person knows about my most recent scars. I've been clean for 3 months now and I have every intention to stay clean.
    I get a lot of anxiety. Mostly from big projects. They seem so daunting, I can't even begin them. I procrastinate, then my deadline draws near. I think, shit. I've got so much to do and no time to do it! I can't take this! and put it off more. I get it done on time (crammed) 90% of the time, but I get such anxiety from it.
    I get serious uncontrollable and explainable mood swings. I get the highest highs and the lowest lows. My self esteem sucks 95% of the time, however I'm learning to accept myself more. Sometimes I feel I look alright, or even good when I dress classy. I'm always afraid of saying that though because I don't want to seem narcissistic.
    I'm also incredibly insecure and paranoid. I've been lied to so many times and I honestly question everyone and their motives.

I'm a mess, and there's a lot wrong with me. All my partners have pointed it out to me, and it just upsets me more.

I hate myself.
    I love myself.
    I can't pick just one, because it changes multiple times a day.

14. that end bit sounds like bipolar, go to a doctor or something

15. Anxiety. And I guess depression. Never been to a psychiatrist but sometimes I feel like I should. It sucks constantly feeling like everything is going wrong.

16. Was depressed pretty bad from age 12-18 and had eating disorders from 14-18.
    I'm all better now, many thanks to my sweet boyfriend. I would be dead if he never helped me!
    Went through a bout of 2 years where doctors thought I was bipolar or borderline. It was just the birth control I was on (changed it and felt way better.)

I pretty much only really suffer from paranoid anxiety now. It gets pretty bad but it isn't debilitating, I just feel paranoid all the time :(
    I think I have mild PTSD (don't want to explain) but my brain blocks out a lot of the memories and when I see triggers I kind of go numb and try not to fall into it.

17. Going today to meet a potential counselor or psychiatrist. No one can figure me out but i cant run out of meds because my old dr had me on klonopin for a decade so even tho i dont abuse it, I still have to go to a treatment center if i want off it. I tried to do without it for a few dayz but this morning I felt depersonalization and derealization. Thats some scary shit

18. Just been reading through some of the last few pages. Wow to you and many others, these problems that you allude to just do not come across in your normal postings (whereas people probably assume Im insane but Im really not).

Whenever I read these kinds of things I think there is such a tendency for too many professionals to hand out pills likes sweets. They are not the answer - nor is cannabis (anyone who thinks its a cure for depression on it's own is delusional).

All ya'll need CBT, EMD and the ear of a good psychologist (NOT psychiatrist) and exercise.

19. It's finals week and for the past few weeks I've felt like I'm losing it. I'm failing two classes and I've failed before and I hate college. I've been going through depression since I was young but ever since going to college it's been a journey. Smoking weed I learned keeps me in a much more positive mind frame. But it makes me tired.

I wonder if I would benefit from therapy.

20. adhd, refractory depression, ptsd, past psychosis

i can elaborate later, i just wanted post 1000