Mental Illness Support/awareness Thread

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Papageorgio, Aug 14, 2014.

((hug))  

2. Damn Papa, that's heavy. I'm glad you're feeling (somewhat) better these days.

I had a counselling appt. earlier this week but the counsellor was sick so that didn't happen. Gotta wait until January now :(
    I didn't want to get out of bed at all today... I just lay there for hours trying to sleep longer. I sleep so much it's ridiculous, but I'm still somehow exhausted when I get up.

Counselling appointments always seem to be canceled when you actually need them... Then the ones that aren't canceled fall on "better" days where you don't have as much to talk about. Hope you can find some more energy soon :love:

4. I've been having panic attacks more and more lately. Bleh.

5. Been feeling so down since I've been home from school. The lack of school stress is nice but being back living with my parents is taking a toll on me. Haven't been sleeping well at all. Also feeling like the biggest Scrooge as far as xmas goes.

Oh what fun...

6. Lots of love to everyone in this thread :love:

I know this time of year is extra difficult for a lot of people, it certainly is for me. All the outside pressure to be happy and hang out with everyone you know can be so overwhelming. Don't forget to take care of yourselves :)

(((huggles))) love ya.   This will be the first year without both my parents.  The Santa Fe guy invited me to spend Christmas with him.  I love Santa Fe at Christmas time.  It's so beautiful with all the farolitos.  This is my favorite time of year in New Mexico.  :)

[​IMG]

8. Christmas is too much, my problems seem to peek at christmas 

9. Christmas always makes me feel isolated as fuck

10. I has Schizophrenia, been diagnosed for about a year. It's interesting, I might go into more detail later, but I'm at a buddies atm.

Sent from a Pineapple under the Sea.

11. Yeah, holidays suck. It's hard to fake a smile and tell all your family you've been doing good.

12. im drunk at a friends. i wish i had a dick to suck im so gay omfg. it makes it better... somehow... anywho ily'all. be better than me ♡

Sent from my GT-I9082L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Really, really miss my son this time of year.  Not just because of the holidays, but cause it really starts to get cold and dark about this time.  All the pressures, plus I have a shop online and this time of year is just insane and I get really friggin stressed out and because of the shop I can't spend the amount of time I'd rather spend with my grandkids.  Ugh.  I need a huge change.

May peace come upon us all right now, may the time fly by and may we come out on the other side of the holidays in one piece and stronger.  

14. i hope i come out stronger mama i really fucking do. im so scared.

Sent from my GT-I9082L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I felt so crappy and depressed when I first woke up. All I could do was toss and turn in bed for a whole hour. Then I decided to masturbate and now I feel sooo much better :D

Hopefully that feeling doesn't return anytime soon. Especially because I'm having family over today

16. Holiday season home stretch!

About time. Even though all of the holiday crap ended on the 26th for me, I'll still be glad when the holidays are over. On top of all of the additional stress over family/work functions, you pretty much can't go anywhere at all without dealing with a huge crowd from the beginning of December until the first full week of January. Basic errands have been so much more stressful with the crowded parking lots and mega-crowded store aisles.

18. Despite having a pretty good xmas, I'll still be glad when it's over.

I really want to go into the new year feeling better, but we do have to realize, tomorrow is just another day.  Men are the ones that decided to give days names, and years numbers.  If we were cavemen, it would just be another day.  I just think there is soooooo much brought onto us as humans that were never meant to be.  And I just think that some people deal with those unnecessary stresses better than others.  

Think about it, if we lived in tribes like humans used to be, you'd go through stress once in a while (an attack from another clan, an illness, the need to hunt, etc) but we live our lives in a constant state of stress brought on by so much f-ing crap.  All that stress of Christmas/Chanukah buying, decorating, cooking...all brought on by men (women too of course.)  Jobs, time clocks, constant contact with cell phones and never any down time.  There are just so many things I don't think we were meant to have in our lives.  We're stuck now, but how much can we eliminate?  A lot I'd suppose, including people who make us feel like shit.

So much going through my head right now, sick as a DOG on top of it.  Hubby went to get me some medicine.  Do you smoke/vape when sick?  I know it would probably make me feel better but I don't have the energy to get up!  *sigh*  Love to you all, and peace!

20. Yeah just get rid of all that shit that makes you stressed I have.  My life has hardly any stress at all spend most of it just chilling out doing whatever I wanna do, work is the only stressful thing but that's not really stressful just an inconvenience, if people make me stressed I stop hanging out with them atm I only really have 1 friend who I live with and my gf it's perfect.  As for getting high whilst ill depends how ill and what kind of illness you have.  I generally found getting high whilst ill would make me feel better for an hour then much worse, but depends what kind of illness.  I'm ill right now thinking of doing the same.