Just Bought My 3Rd Supra For A Steal (Highway Robbery)

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Scars, Aug 14, 2014.

1. #1 Scars, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    Delete.

2. Nice. Have you already replaced the turbo? Based off your others I figure you might. That car would be easily more than 30,000$ up here. 

3. #3 invinciblejets, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
    You stole that thing wow amazing you are lucky as hell what are your plans for it in the long run? Maybe sell it to me ??
    After a manual swap of course lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

4. #4 Scars, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    Delete.

5. I'm saying if you can get a Supra up here, http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Toyota/Supra/DUNDAS/Ontario/19_8231652_/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=1_15_16.  It costs a bit. Rarely see any newer than 89 for sale. But my friend has a 93-94 I don't remember, anyways he did single turbo and built motor, still an auto which he gets burned for all the time. I think he's got around 60-80g into it, I laugh, because my 7000$ S10 could keep up to him easily. I told him to buy a 2 speed powerglide and go drag racing, he's not good at going around corners. 

6. Since is it still rare keep the body fairly stock.
    1000hp shit gc Is right behind you
    But still keep the car classy
    I see this becoming an awesome build thread for sure.

7. #7 organicpandemic, Aug 14, 2014
    lucky bastard! keep itsleeper for sure. make it quick but driveable, no point putting out stupid numbers if you cant run it around a track.

8. Make a 2JZ coffee table and turn it into a sweet racecar bed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #9 Scars, Aug 14, 2014
    Oh I see, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Yeah the autos can be bit boring in my opinon. Great for daily driving though. That's why I kept the GS300 auto too. But make no mistake about it. With a upgraded 2nd gear spang and tranny cooler, people are making well over 700 rwhp and running sub 8 second quarter miles. Yes, in an auto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wKou16O8Qw.

Lol, but I'm still going 6 speed with a TRD 3.13 rear end.

The body will stay stock for sure. I need to detail the shit out of her this weekend.

All my cars are purpose built. I believe in Form and Function. I will keep it classy and all business under the hood. Need to find a nice set of polished TT wheels though. Lol, we were just talking about that.

You can daily drive a 1000 rwhp Supra no problems if you built it correctly. I have plenty of cars with sub 500 horsepower. I think I should have at leave 1 with a 1000. I want this car to be a MONSTER. I would love to run under 9 seconds in the 1/4 mile.

Lolwut?

10. Full slick or dot cause under 9 may have requirements at actual drag strips. I believe on NHRA tracks anything faster than 10.5 has to have a cage and fire suppression. Maybe even chute on the back.

11. I would like to stay DOT legal. I don't necessarily care if I cant officially compete. As long as I know my car is capable of single digit quarters, I'll be happy.

0-sleeping in 2.3 seconds

13. some people have all the luck haha

congrats on your purchase! i never have cash when i find opportunities like that.

14. #14 Scars, Aug 14, 2014
    I still don't get it.

Yeah, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.

I feel you on the never having cash when you see a deal part though. I just stay on top of my finances and I save/save/save. I learned long time ago from my dad to save 10 cents from every dollar I ever make. It has served me well so far. Once anyone masters that discipline, saving up a few G's is not really all that difficult.

15. #15 El Duderino, Aug 14, 2014
    couldnt one build up the auto transmission and still crack shifts faster than a man? 

p.s. do you post on H-I?

16. I really hate Toyota's but who you have there is a beast of a machine. Those supras are the only Toyota made car I have respect for, otherwise its Honda all the way haha. I thought it was hilarious that he asked for 5, which is still a steal, and you bargain him down to 4k lol. That dude had no clue what's so ever.

How old are you btw? I'm only 22 right now but I've already made a vow that I will own at least one single digit car in my life, not sure what can it'll be though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. You lucky mother fu....
    Absolute steal of deal that, the things I'd do to own a mk4!!

18. #18 invinciblejets, Aug 14, 2014
    Any chance your gonna part with those seats? Are they stock for the 98 tts???
    And sell me those old school recaros they would look fantastic in my seven

19. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do it

20. Keep it auto man. Hell, put a 2 speed powerglide in it.