Will A Claim Attachment Keep My Rig Cleaner?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by shattermatter00, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Hey, this is my first post so Sorry if it's not in the right thread or whatever. But I was just wondering if I put an attachment on my rig (the one with a reclaim jar under the nail for claim to drip into) would that keep oil from getting into my piece and gunking up my percs? It's one like this ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407956102.847055.jpg

I want to get the attachment because I'm very interested in cooking edibles with claim but cleaning my whole rig with iso and purging and scraping sucks:/ would this help or not really?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. The claim catcher will not prevent your rig from claiming up. However it will collect a nice amount a claim that you can use for cooking and just wash the rig and only save what collects in the catcher.

3. Never heard of a "reclaim catcher" til now. Does it actually work?

Its a little vial that attaches onto the end of the joint of the vapor rig. Used to help catch the "reclaim" or what I call the ABD (already been dabbed) wax. 

[​IMG]

5. Abd huh?

Sounds gross. Probably a way to clean it up with some alcohol and purging tho?!? Am I right?

Seems it would taste like shit..

6. Claim aint for smoking, unless you can get over the taste. With a claim catcher you just melt it out with a torch, using alcohol would sort of defeat the purpose. Claim catchers are nice because you can collect clean claim that hasnt touched water or been collected with alcohol. I still save all the alcohol from cleaning my rigs and collect it once I fill up an alcohol bottle.

7. #8 93gc40, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
    Wont keep it clean or cleaner, will slow the process only.

8. It will keep your rig cleaner and allow you to collect the reclaim that normally would go into your piece. 

I have one love it! I don't smoke the reclaim but I do like to keep it to use in edibles  :D

9. It doesnt keep the claim out of your rig^

10. Some reclaim will still get into your rig yes, but the reclaim catcher does keep it noticeably cleaner.

11. pysics says it will keep it cleaner. i  dont care one bit for a claim catcher but they do keep cleaner. if it cought soime reclaim that claim didnt end up in ur rig therefore it stayed cleaner. WIll it get dirty? of course. 

12. it only slows how fast your rig gets dirty like @[member="93gc40"] said

13. I thought a claim catcher was used for chewing tobbaco.

14. And ShabbinDatter is at it again spamming us with his vids that have nothing to do with the conversation....

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum