Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Strains For Daily Use And Depression

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by theguy21, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Hey i'm looking for some good chillout strains for daily use. I'm also suffering from depression and anxiety, i'm on meds so, should i look for some indica strains like og kush ?
    I have tried strong sativas but they all caused to me anxiety and bad thoughts. What do you think?

2. Blue Dream is a pretty prominent strain that helps with these symptoms. 

• Like Like x 1
  3. It depends on the meds you are taking and how cannabis will mix with them.

4. #4 Pie Romania, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
    +1 on the Blue Dream for a nice, well-rounded daytime strain. The one I reach for the most often is some Chocolate Kush. Potency isn't the highest (7/10 - Gets the job done), but the flavor, smoothness, and functionality of the high are second to none IMO. Tastes like cannabis was dipped in nesquik chocolate powder with the dry-chocolatey taste it has. Can get you pretty high if you consume too much, but with moderation it's easy to dial yourself in perfectly. I can still do everything I need to around my house as it's not a complete couch-lock experience, but it does warm the mind & numb the senses. Really wish I could share this representation of the strain I have with everyone....it will probably be my "daily smoke" I keep on hand at all times so long as I'm able to.

Edit: It's an indica dominant hybrid by the way. Enough sativa to keep you from parking your ass somewhere, but not so much that it gets you over-analyzing things or stirs up anxiety issues.

5. i think so  it is depend on meds.

6. #6 morange, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  7. That's what I'm hoping for, just ordered a pack of C99 beans..Now hopefully they get through customs

• Like Like x 1
  8. c99 one of the best strains I've tried. just makes you feel a good high

• Like Like x 1
  9. Always going to go back to CBD! Sour Tsunami is a great strain for clear headed, uplifting daytime smoke. If you have access to medicine, do that!!

Otherwise, indica is good, but it can actually worsen depression if you don't combat it with some sativa. Using a less potent strain (like the Chocolate Kush suggestion) is an easy way to keep from overmedicating. There are plenty of times Id rather smoke more than medicate more, if that makes sense. 

Also, trying a light edible instead of smoke, or a tincture instead since it's fast acting, may help you find the best titration, giving you the euphoria without anxiety. 

Blue Dream is great, but it's not always as uplifting as I need it to be. Blue Dream + let say, Catpiss oh hell yeah. I mix a bit of each in my bong - at the same time!! Very importnat. Again, I'll also mix them all with a CBD rich strain or edible. HUGE help. But actually mixing teprene profiles at the same time, instead of layering them is a big change up in the overall effects, for me. When using CBD, I layer it first, then add THC rich over it, to completely avoid the anxiety altogether. It's like medicating for pain before you feel it. 

10. I would recommend getting a strain that is high in CBD. CBD helps regulate our endocannabinoid system and helps control mood disorders. It has also been found to work with other neurotransmitters in the balance of mood. Stay faded :smoking: