Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hash Oil Question?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by HiiP0WER, Aug 13, 2014.

1. I've been floating around these forums for years now and have super old accounts that I don't even remember the info to, but I'm back now after stumbling upon BadKats thread and completely falling in love! Anywho, I read 'most' pages and couldn't really find an answer to the proble that I am having

I have been making BadKat's hash caps following precisely her 5.5-5.7g hash/kief oil recipe that is found on page 1 and the effects are awesome so far! However, I have been having a problem..

It seems like after all my cooking steps are done and I am ready to cap them, the 'oil' isn't really an oil, there are still particles of kief and it resembles more like a really wet sand which sometimes gets caught in my syringe.

Therefore, my question is... Am I not mixing it enough right after I originally add the coconut oil? I have been using a small flexible metal knife i have as my mixing utensile, but it doesn't seem like the Kief I am using is disolving into the oil which, as I stated, makes the product more like wet-sand and I am not sure this is what the correct consistency should be. Maybe add more Soy Lecithin?

If anyone has any ideas as to what I can be doing wrong please let me know! I love these caps so much because I have COPD from smoking too many blunts (Lord save my soul) but I need to get the consistency just right!!

Thank you so much everyone I hope to heard back from yall as soon as possible!!

Sincerely,
    Hii

2. I'm interested in this too as I am about to try them myself. Did you do the freezing step? Seems like I remember that being mentioned as making things smoother.

Sent from somewhere over there.
    No, not there...over THERE.