To Late To Scrog?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Lynchy1984, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Just transfered into the tent before putting going into flower. It's currently about 24" and the stem is still flexible.
    image.jpg

2. You can most definatly begin scrog, as long as you plan on vegging it longer. work the stem to bend about 18 inch's up, bend it over and let the side shoots grow up to the scrog, bend them over too, fill er up and switch to flower. you could even tie her top down some (lst) to encourage branch growth.

3. Not sure what you mean by this, I've only had 2 previous grows rand produced in between 1 and 2oz dried but only tried fimming and topping before.

4. make your scrog screen, id reccomend about 18 inch's above pot (never done it, but thats what most people do, so you have room to water underneith). once thats made, work the stem where you want to bend it between your fingers. you can pinch it, bend it left and right over and over again, basiclly you just want to get it pliable so you can have it bent over without snapping, you dont want to break the outside, just the inside if that makes sense.  once it is bent over and under the screen, the side growth will rapidly start rising up to the screen (unlike letting it grow straight up)... LST is similar, you do the same thing to the stem to get it to bend easily, then just find a way to tie it down. i use thin ribbon, wrap it around the stem and thumbtack it to the top of the pot. holds it down and lets the side branchs grow out so you have more tops and an even canopy. but this all takes time to veg. if you plan on switching to flower shortly, training wont do much for you.

5. I have a couple of pics that may help make sense.

The tall plant on the left was growing normally with three tops after I topped it:

SAM_1610.jpg

It kept stretching while starting flower and got too tall so I tied it down. Notice how to middle of the plant (the back one) has bushed up a lot more and the tops are starting to grow straight up

SAM_1821.jpg

This is a good pic of the redirection each individual bud is taking vs. all of them growing up one stalk

SAM_1860.jpg