Extended Or Interrupted Dark Period. Lessor Of Two Evils

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dionysos803, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Tomorrow I have someone coming over to do some electrical work in my place. They should be here around noon which is the same time the lights go on in the tent. However the wiring in my place has the room my tent is in a different the room upstairs they will be working on/in on the same breaker. So when they come in tomorrow they will need to shut off the power which will also turn the power off in my tent. Am I better off keeping the lights off for 16 hours straight or a one time break for a few hours after the lights go on?

2. if in veg, an unexpected dark period shouldn't cause an issue.

if flowering though, leave off until next time it is supposed to come on

3. I'm in flowering now for 6 days. The time the electrician should be here is right at the same time the lights should turn back on. However I've known this guy for years and he's always late. So I assume what should be a 30 minute job that should be started at 12 noon tomorrow will be completed by 4 if I'm lucky. One way or another power is going to be cut from my tent for some period of time while the lights should be on.
    Should I just turn the timer off tonight and when ever the work is done turn them back on? At that point do I need to readjust my timer to a new 12 12 schedule? Or can I do a day of a 16 to 18 hour dark period then a 6 to 8 light and then back to 12 12 the day after?

4. #4 TheAnswer121, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
    i'd just cut them off before they are due to come back on.

resume your lighting once all is finished at the next time lights are due to come back on

so essentially it will get 36 hours of darkness. this won't hurt ;)

5. Thanks! Wow what a pain in the ass it was to adjust the damn timer for the lights to skip the 1 day of turning the lights back on.