92W Cfl Micro Cab Grow [Help Needed]

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by xBUDNINJAx, Aug 12, 2014.

1. #1 xBUDNINJAx, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
    Photo Jul 03, 9 33 18 PM.jpg IMG_20140812_122204.jpg IMG_20140812_121841.jpg IMG_20140812_121909.jpg IMG_20140812_122113.jpg IMG_20140812_121554.jpg

I'm growing in a very small cabinet, with limited space but so far my plant has exceeded my expectations. I topped and used LST early giving my little lady 4 main colas. I did not keep track of dates, as to be honest this was supposed to be a trial run. I germinated 1 bagseed and started it in the cabinet as a means of testing out the newly finished box. The seed turned out to be female and so I just kept with the 12/12 and here I am. This is my fourth ever grow, third indoors. I haven't had any deficiencies that I am aware of with this grow, nor pests. I do plan to keep dates and records with my next run in this box, but for now I could really use some help determining what point I may be at in flower, and how long til harvest. I have checked the trichomes, they are still very clear. The pistils are also still very white and stringy. The best guess I can make on how long I have been in flower is based off the date stamp on a picture I took very early in flower, on July 3rd. I think I may have started 12/12 somewhere near the middle of June? It's hard to say without knowing the strain and exact dates but that would put me maybe 2-3 weeks away? I could be wrong so feel free to comment with your opinions. I have included the picture taken July 3rd and the pictures I have taken today.

2. #2 xBUDNINJAx, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
    Maybe I shouldn't have tucked this thread away in the Micro grows section. 

3. what's up Budninja!

buds are lookin nice and fat. I'd say you're still at least 3 weeks out. I'd start flushing in another week or two.

4. Thanks Bongsauce!

This is actually organic soil :)

Haven't used any organic nutes either, other than top dressing with a lil bat guano. 

5. #5 bufu1O1, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
    I see you have 2 identical containers one into another..so, one has dirt in it and the other is to gather water which goes out through holes made into the top container. I have an idea for you..
    1. make more small drain holes, 2 mm maybe with a dremel
    2. place an airstone in the water tray and make a side hole for the silicone tube
    3. connect an aquarium air pump (air pump must be outside growroom)

If the fresh pumped air escape only through the soil, you will oxygenate the roots and carbon dioxide will come from outside the grow room filtered by soil and CO2 will rise from beneath and hit bottom of the leaves boosting your plants so much, that you wont believe it..

6. That is certainly an interesting idea, and makes sense. The roots have grown through the holes, and into the bottom container. I usually stop watering once the water begins to drain into the second container though, never collecting more than 1/2 inch or so in the bottom. 

7. #7 bufu1O1, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
    well..let some water in the second container for airstone with air pump to make bubbles..i have a 50 l container with no holes at all and i placed my water tray with a lot of holes in it inside of container acting as a grate, then i made a hole through the wall of container and the inclined edge of the water tray and a silicone tube got trough.. added soil on top and that's all..when i water i let excess water to drain out that side hole then i connect back the pump.

Attached Files:

8. #8 bufu1O1, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
    I placed soil with perlite in a women stockings and made a circle around that water tray, added some holes in the inclined edge of the water tray so water can get trough and stockings act as a sponge.. also i placed a layer of clay pellets with perlite and then soil and on top of soil i added clay pellets.

The concept is copied from earthbox design but i use the hole made for overflow also for pumping in air.

Attached Files:

9. those look fucking awesome what the hell is going on there is bark on the stem?

http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-grow-journals/1320008-texiego-14-1st-journal.html. Respect.

10. Thanks dude!

Are you referring to the red-ish/purple-ish leaf stems? If so...I'm not sure, to be honest. Every one of my grows has had purple stems somewhere, even outdoors. I've always used bagseed. I've never noticed any problems. When I noticed the stems the first time I grew, I thought I had stumbled onto a purple strain hahaha...those were the days.

If anyone has an idea of what causes this, BASED ON PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, then please share your thoughts.    

11. From experience, what I have seen on other peoples grows, the purple stem is cause by the cold. It also can be the strain causing it to do that.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Hahahaha you literally made me laugh. 

It was grown from seed, and vegged around thirty days or so. I guess the branches grew so stout from all my twisting and turning to find optimal positioning under the lights. 

13. I found three bananas, and decided to harvest early. I wasn't really sure what to do, as I haven't had a plant do this yet. They just stuck right out the side of the bud. I used tweezers to grab the first one, but ripped the other 2 trying to remove them.

There were conflicting views in my google search as to if I should harvest early or wait it out. My concern was that the last couple weeks of flowering would be wasted producing seeds in my dankness. Although I figured it was too late for that to happen, I was looking for an excuse to harvest and move on to the next grow. Turned out to be great timing, since I'm broke. It's been cured almost a week. 

Light leaks are definitely the reason she hermied. They were very tiny leaks, from the fabric I used to light-proof slightly falling out of position. Currently fixing those, while I veg several seedlings. Hopefully switch back to 12/12 in another week or two and find the lil ladies. Bagseed is a bitch.

The pic of the bud on the scale is actually a bit misleading. They had a little more drying to go, and finished at 26-28g. Not too sure because I've been smoking the hell out of it. This one very small plant grew 4 colas coming in at an ounce dried total. Bud is super dank, and organic. Not bad for a test run. I grew one bud per bulb, but I think this time I may use a screen and compare yield/quality. Maybe I can double that yield, considering I did harvest early. Thanks again to the few who stopped by and the fewer who responded. :)

Attached Files:

14. aw that's a shame about the bananas...buds look great though. 

Thanks bro