How The Media Portrays Murdered Black Men

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ItsReneeYo_, Aug 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I really hate when people throw out statistics and they don't remember that these people are being oppressed by an institution that has pushed them into those lives in order to perpetuate their private prison system. 

lol what kind of choices do you think YOUD make when society is always trying to keep you in poverty? When your public education isn't there to teach you, when your boss won't promote you because of their own prejudices, when society is always telling you how to behave to make sure that you DONT come across as a stereotype, when you arenever allowed to just be yourself. THAT is what I hate.

2. First off, I don't give a shit what your skin color is, if you do and sell drugs KNOWING it's illegal, you don't get to bitch about oppression when you're in jail. Oppression is not based on skin color. It's about class. People at the top don't give a fuck about skin color, they care about money and power. Oppression is oppression is oppression.

What a cop out of personal responsibility there, wow! Seriously, nobody is forcing black people to commit crime. Poor white people far outnumber wealthy white people, yet we don't see nearly the same level of criminal activity coming out of that demographic, so the poverty cop out is just that, a cop out.

I blame the gang culture that seems so appealing to so many young blacks, at least partially.

4. inb4 "You support the drug war?"

Obviously not.

5. ....But muh feelers and extremely prejudice opinions that can't be wrong no matter whats.... and muh rich culture....

6. Having lived in lower class neighborhoods practically all my life i can tell you it's much more difficult to get set up for success in comparison to someone who comes from a financially stable place.  I do agree that if you commit a crime you should do the time, both black and white, rich and poor. However i do sympathize with many of these individuals specifically because i know where many of them come from. I hope one day i'm in the position where i can offer my help to some of these people.

If we're really interested in starting to make changes to our society then i believe it starts with our education system. I believe it's a mistake that we didn't/haven't allocated more of our resources into the education system both in the past and now. Not only that but we need to make some drastic changes to the way it's set up. I'm being a little vague since i don't want to type so much right now but you get what i mean.

At the end of the day pointing the finger only creates anger, hatred, and bitterness.

7. When I divorced my husband I moved to Louisville ky. I had pretty much no money and moved to an area that was relatively cheaper than most areas. I was pretty much the only white person in a mostly black neighborhood. I loved my neighborhood, actually. But I'll tell you this- the school was a good school but all we had was a merry go round for our kids to play on. Think we ever had a street sweeper on the streets? No way! Whiter neighborhoods had new schools and new huge play grounds and of course, mr street sweeper was there. This area wasn't exactly poor, half or not most of the people worked at General Electric GE.
    I know I know- you'll say it's about this or that, but it's hard to live someplace for 6 years and not see so many differences and feel we weren't being stifled for one reason or another. I have really no opinion on this thread, because I know an opinion isn't facts or blah blah blah but I know what I've seen and I know where I've been.. I know what's real and what isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. No animosity here at all - just a lil' history.

The Confederate flag, which we all know, was designed after the First Battle of Bull Run (Manassas, VA). The original flag of the Confederate States of America was exactly the same in design as that of The Union. That, in addition to gray & blue uniforms being worn by regiments on both sides, led to fatal interactions between different divisions of 'Friendly Forces' for the USA & CSA. The CSA flag was designed solely for the purpose of delineating one force from the other. It was only used in battle. It is simply a part of military history, despite what some people have chosen to transform it into.

As for the Swastika, it is an ancient symbol used in multiple cultures. In pre-Christian Northern European cultures, it was the 'Sun Wheel'. The design consists of an equidistant cross, representing the Sun at its (2) Solstices & (2) Equinoxes, with clockwise arms at their ends. These arms symbolize the eternal cyclical movement of one natural state to the next. 

Additionally, the Swastika is still used in many Buddhist cultures as a symbol of good luck & prosperity. Many years ago, I had a friend from Southeast Asia who had a Coca-Cola promotional toy which was this crazy-looking red & white robot with the Coke-Wave across its abdomen & a Swastika on each shoulder! 

Just a lil' info. Thanks for reading.

sounds like a whole lotta white privilege to me! bigots. damn.

think about it, pretty people get better things than ugly people. Same thing goes for white against black, unless you got the scrilla to CYA. 

10. #930 iAmBetty, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I don't fully understand all this, but could it be that the people in white neighborhoods maybe tend to pay more taxes? Where else does the money for all this shit comes from?

Go to a poor white neighborhood. They don't have the nice playgrounds and all that either

11. ...but then the perpetual victim hood card doesn't play as well.
    Not fair!

This has to be a troll...

13. #933 beaniegrl420, Sep 1, 2014
    Why, because I call you out in an intellectual way that forces you to deal with real historical impacts on your modern day? lol Or because it's too hard for you to do that? 
    It's called white privilege, get over yourself, accept the historical impact on the world in which you live, and stop being a fucking racist. 

edit: for anyone NOT afraid to actually step up and act like a human being that isn't afraid of the dark, here's a great article http://herewomentalk.com/especially-when-it-rains

14. #934 BlazedGlory, Sep 1, 2014

Lol "intellectual"...you just took a huge dump on that word :laughing:

Seriously what is intellectual about calling me a racist and asserting I have some kind of invisible privilege?

15. #935 -13 Amp-, Sep 1, 2014
    Don't you know? Intellectual posts use words like "lotta" and "skrilla", use bad grammar and profanity...also calls people names...

Go back to tumblr.

I can't wait to cash in on my single white cis-scum privilege.

Really, it reminds me of the South Park episode where Cartman is convinced Kyle is hiding a stash of secret Jew gold.

18. These are the people that claim to want 'equality'. This is 'progressive'. This is modern feminism. Get a good look.

19. "White Privilege" is nothing but slander. It serves nobody but the elite class (which is NOT exclusively white).

You are being brainwashed by pseudo-intellectuals pushing a racist agenda. They change definitions to support a flawed debate, so instead of stepping up their debate game, they change definitions to mean something else. The reason why inner city schools are going down the shitter is because the democrats get in office and turn it to shit. It's happening here as well. 

Lol yeah it's exactly like that. People telling you you have some kind of asset you don't actually have. Really annoying :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.