How The Media Portrays Murdered Black Men

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ItsReneeYo_, Aug 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm sure some would see it as racist and white privelages would of course be brought up because....it just doesn't happen to other cultures as much as it happens to the black/Hispanic community. Minorities are targeted and profiled, no surprise there. We know this to be true. Charges are trumped up, police officers cover their tracks, media beefs it up etc etc.

And I don't agree with their riots. I told my mom last night how fucking stupid it is to reap havoc on your own community. Those are people taking advantage of the situation, but im sure in the beginning of these protests people were just generally mad at that fact that another black man died at the hands of the law.

Look at any protest, after a certain amount of time people with ill interests either fuck it up a little bit or completely.

2. #42 Vicious, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014

Whites going around "slaying black men', huh? Those riots must be fair game.

"not but a minute away from our destination, and we would shortly be out of the street," Johnson said." - Totally how the youth of from St. Louis speak.

I don't know why but I really doubt that is how events unfolded. Because people continue walking towards a vehicle even when it comes to a stop right in front of you.His whole story is a lie and a lawyer has been rehearsing with him what to say, its just he never could properly lie.

Fun facts time.
    The neighborhood he was killed at, is a ghetto.
    There are videos on youtube that take place in that same ghetto where they mug white people.
    He was 18 years old and full of "I got something to prove"
    He shoved the cop back into his car and cussed at him.
    He tried grabbing the gun.

Buh buh but muh police state.
    Cops do not just drive up to you and scream "move nigger" and then begin to fire wildly into the air.

Oh wait, I know what happened. Cop tried to run him over then he opened the car door and shot at him. Then he got out and threw him on the ground. Then poor Big Mike got on his knees and begged to not be shot. And then the cop stared into his eyes and shot him. Then stood over his body and shot 4 more times. Looked at that dead baby on the ground, and shot 4 more times.

fuqin pigs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8BG-B50xHo

3. And it's on policymic as I stated in the begging, and the whole thing is in quotations except for my opinion....if you want to see it, go to policymic. It won't be hard to find........

4. Sounds like a bunch of generalizations and assumptions to me, hmm I wonder if I didn't live in the neighborhood I lived in and moved to "the ghetto" would I be treated with animosity? Would people assume that I don't have the capability to speak properly and be respectful? I'm 19, would I be full of "let me prove something"?

Come on man, do better.

There's thousands upon thousands of videos that prove police harassment. If he tried to grab the gun, then the fault is on him, that's a defensive move, but if he believed his life was in danger it's either fly or fight and maybe he chose to fight, and got killed for it.

5. Mercuh

Omega369

6. #46 marth6789, Aug 13, 2014
    I never said white people don't put words in my mouth home. All you're doing is the same thing a lot of cops do they profile and generalize. You obviously have something against black people just let it out.

Your assumptions of innocence and police brutality are equally generalizing. What I said about his personality comes straight from the his social media persona. You can't compare your ghetto experiences with hypothetical "I'm educated and I moved". You can all keep your heads in the sand but prejudice is real. It comes from experience. Just like how most of you are on guard around police because of sketchy events, those police will think the same of the ghettos.

8. Except that all the witnesses say otherwise. The cop started the confrontation my friend. Remember that

9. #49 Vicious, Aug 13, 2014

Who else would be "slaying" the people of color, must be the Hispanics? Your right, Homes. I need to check my privileges allow me to be culturally enriched.

I was talking to Renee about the psych of prejudice. I said nothing about witnesses and I'm certainly not your friend.

10. Understandable, but the police brutality and fatalities that have been happening recently are just ridiculous. They can think whatever they want, it's different when you act on it.

I do not assume he's innocent, I just see from a different perspective, that seems to me what it's really about. Seeing it from the police side and murdered guys side.

On one hand you have people going to jail for a few grams of weed and on another you have a teenager who killed four people with his truck getting off on the ruling of "affluence". Why don't they charge those people in the ghetto on lack of affluence xD.

That is why black people generally don't trust law enforcement's...it's not for us.

But to not be completely one sided ive called the police probably five times this year to report crimes and what not.

I've also been pulled over for nothing more than once in my neighborhood across from my house. One time being to " turn my music down". "Where do you live"? "In the house directly in front of us"... Like wut.

11. It could be a Hispanic officer, Asian, even black. Were talking about law enforcement. Not white officers in general.

Great way to denounce your bias then reclaim it.

you CANT see it from the murdered guys side. hes dead. all you can have is the cops side and speculation.

14. Just trying to show you there's two sides. I am not biased, I have experienced both being helped by law enforcement and being randomly pulled over, call it what you will. I am still weary of the law. And I can easily understand why other minorities are also weary..

15. Hey you're showing your prejudice your self. I never mentioned the race of the cops you did! This is a losing battle youre showing your true colors

I'm not blind to implication and content. This is clearly a race issue. This thread, that comment, the killing, the riots. Look at the streets, the internet, the media. It all comes down to multiculturalism.

17. #57 Vicious, Aug 13, 2014

You just previously quoted me telling that everybody has prejudice rooted in their psyche. Why would I deny prejudice? I don't know the race of the cop but from history and the shit storm, its easy to assume hes white. My true colors? What would those be?

18. That you have something against black people??? I mean going by your previous posts its like you can't imagine a cop committing a crime. There are numerous accounts of police using deadly force when the situation doesn't call for it at all!

19. #59 Vicious, Aug 13, 2014

Who now is assuming, generalizing and implying implications? I never said or denied anything about police brutality; just that it is fallacious to argue in an unknown case. Do I have anything against black people? No, though the some of politics section thinks I hate Jews. I dislike degeneracy and that is not limited to race.

I am empirical, republican, technocratic and am for a world government. I very much dislike the state of our over powered militant police force but there is no surprise I am pro-government. But that doesn't mean I support the police. Just sick of the edgy 'fuck the police' and anti-disestablishmentarianism here.

20. Wow. Y'all have some seriously naive views...

Cops are people. They try to screen out the "baddies" the best they can, but there's bound to be a few bad cops. There's also bound to be a few extremely good cops who would lay down their life for innocents, and I'm sure there's a whole slew of cops who just wanna do the best they can and make it home at night.

Police don't sign up to die, and it's their prerogative to defend themselves. A lot of people totally misunderstand the use of force continuum, and exactly what constitutes a deadly situation. People cry "he only had a knife, the cop had a gun!" But don't understand that anything inside 20 feet is time for immediate action, and that people don't blow backwards and fall down from a gunshot like in the movies. They ask why police shoot so many times, but don't understand that when someone is shot they can still operate for a long time, even when shot somewhere vital. Add some stimulating drugs and a guy can go on for a long time with some bullet holes. Police, if they're forced to, shoot until the threat to themselves or others is stopped.

A threat to life can come even when the attacker is unarmed. I'm 6'5", and I bet a good majority of the population wouldn't want to go into an unarmed death match with me...

Police, when fighting, are not required to fight "fair", they're required to de-escalate or end the situation, one way or another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.