Do We Have Free Will? Do We Live A Deterministic World?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Duuuuuude, Aug 12, 2014.

1. So do you believe in a god that manipulates all things?

I always forget to smoke because I get high and distracted.

2. That's one way of saying it 😊

3. The big bang theory. Is a theory not real. In reality nobody really knows. But we are free to believe what we want. = free will

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Yes I believe in god and we are god and god is us and god loves us and I love god

5. I don't really believe anything. These are all just theories and speculation I've heard. It's just a rabbit hole because I can say that even our thoughts were predetermined the second the Big Bang created everything that now makes up our bodies, our brains, and everything we think we know.

God as a person or god as an idea? Is god an angry white guy to you or is he everything?

6. Everyone does have the right to believe in what they want without being hated or oppressed or criticized but that doesn't make them right

7. Your will to believe nothing. and big bangs is free

8. God is everything that as ever had, has, and will have life combined so that includes a plant the sun and me

9. I feel like you might have a good friend named Lucy.

10. Oh Groovie!! I love new friends ☺️😄

11. You make free will seem so powerful but it's not do you really think that it's free will when you have free decisions on things that don't have a meaning but you don't have a say on the things that do? I don't think so.

12. The choices u make in life will be your doing= free will

13. I give up changing your believe oh well I lose you win 😊

14. #54 SoothingSynesthesia, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
    Do you believe certain meeting certain people has any significance? or some events seem to unfold in a strange way

Anyway, interesting thoughts I had that thought of "we live then we die" as well but sometimes my imagination runs wild and I can never come to a conclusion

15. I think we 'live' to attempt to find what life is. And we 'die' to receive the answer.
    the people in your life are just a part of the puzzle to unlocking the inner conscious. Although it is kind of a lost reasoning.

16. I think some of us are gods but I also believe that there is a Most High.

Will I believe is the strongest force. I think that is what Adam and Eve's sin relates too. Will Power is stronger than fear and fear is like the strongest emotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. God wants us to choose to either follow him and live an eternal life in heaven or we can go the other way and live for the pleasures of this life....you either follow the creator or the creation and we have that choice you can do whatever you want with your life but when you die you answer to the creator for your actions here on earth and if you have been mocking god this whole time and not believing well that will be thrown in your face and you will answer for it

18. its all about relationships, both inwardly and outwardly from the perspective that is conscious.

19. I'm sorry but this is a cop out argument. You're saying I feel like I'm free in making decisions, therefore I'm free. You're completely discounting the idea that this feeling could be false. There are many great arguments for free will but this is not one of them.

20. #60 Boats And Hoes, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014

Anyone who denies freedom must be free enough to do such a thing, and if they say that they aren't free to embrace such a belief, well, then, that just goes to show fallacious their stance really is.

For, if all knowledge of reality is pre-determined, how could a person then know that their opinion is, in fact, true? Could they even think otherwise...?