Do We Have Free Will? Do We Live A Deterministic World?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Duuuuuude, Aug 12, 2014.

1. I agree with this interpretation of time perceived by an omniscient God - eternalism theory of time?

2. holy crap now i'm confused as hell. What exactly is reality now?

Not sure I understand but I'm guessing yes, you decided on it. Before the choice you would have a fork or a branch in the world line, the choice you made moved you on that road but the other still exists as a potential possibility.

4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L45Q1_psDqk

5. I think we do have free will.
    But I think we are also slaves, mainly because living is not free.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. hmmm interesting

7. #27 Grow2dab., Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014

Good topic.

Living in a world full of sometimes irrational people the same cause could have a whole spectrum of events.

I think "Free will" is the ability to actually make the decision despite knowing/assuming the outcome, trying to delve back into your subconscious life history to find the reasons behind your choice is something else.

For more info, watch The Matrix.

8. We have free will.

Good deeds reflect positive results

Bad deeds reflect negative results

That's it
    We have free will. If you kill someone your path will change, its on you to seek God he would never turn you away from himself

9. But how is it that you know that free will exists?

10. I we were truly free, we wouldn't need Visa :metal:

11. I am starting to feel that we have a defined beginning and end, but the path we choose to get there is mostly up to us
    Perhaps there are some situations along the way designed to put us in the right direction when we are lost

12. This is the easiest question I have been asked.

Everyone and everything that has EVER had life on this ENTIRE UNIVERSE is connected by one thing has many names; god, soul, light. God is light, light is life, all the light came from one place and all the light is ending up at one place for INFINITY.

Here is the part that is very hard to grasp your mind around... Light was all one (pre Big Bang) for INFINITY, but light scattered. How can light scatter if it's in one place for infinity? And after light scattered it ended up in a new place and all the light came to that place for infinity and after infinity they scattered all over again for infinity. Can their be an infinity within an infinity? Yes. And that is the cycle of us (light, soul, sun, god) yes we are all god but only when we are together in one spot.

13. This is way too fucking deep for me haha. I'm intrigued though. But I mean, I always just think of it as "everything is everything is everything is...etc". Recently in my mind I've been thinking that everything is circular, what comes around goes around and on and on forever. What light is or anything is irrelevant. Something like 99% of the universe is dark matter that we don't really understand. That's how fucking vast and infinite the universe(s) is/Are. We have such an infinitesimal understanding of everything.

I always forget to smoke because I get high and distracted.

14. Free will is what we post here

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. What I was trying to say is that no. We do not have free will

16. How u figure that. If I'm free to write back

17. Because when the universe crashed into existence after the Big Bang it set forward the motion of all things forever, meaning that everything we do was decided the moment the universe exploded into life.

18. Because you writing back is meaningless. You have no will on things that physically matter on things that last forever. That's why my friend 😄

19. ^You posting that was destined to happen the minute the Big Bang created the universe.