IHs Led Moonshine Haze Scrog All Advice Welcomed

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by InternationalHarvester, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Hope everyone has been getting their chive on. This is my second run so feel free to help a brotha out with any suggestions. 

My Rig
    1_ 2'x4'x7.5' grow tent
    1_ SolarStorm 880w (475w actual during veg/ 650w actual during bloom/ 675w actual during bloom with uvb on)
    1_ Phresh Filter
    1_ 8" Hyper Fan (Exhaust)
    1_ DIY Fan Box (Noise Reduction)
    2_ Fans (Air Circulation)
    1_ 18"x38" Scrog Screen
    3_ 5 gal equivalent air pots
    1_ 6" HVAC line supplying active intake (for heat issues)

I know what you're thinking, that's a whole lot of light for that small of a tent, well I have a 4x4 but current living situations don't allow for a big ass tent floating around hopefully I will make it out to Cali here in a year. I will definitely be turning to you guys to critique my next project which is to fabricate a cooling system around my SS's heat sinks. Will get back to this soon.

Nutes
    I am using the CNS17 line. Currently feeding at 450ppm.
    Also using:
    Protekt, CalMag, and Rhizotonic,

Here We Go
    The MSH seeds were planted on 07/07 so they've been vegging for a month and 5 days now. My current plan is to over fill the screen since I am sure I will have at least one male and I don't want a huge bare spot when I pull the male hopefully not male(s). @[member="case22"] gave me a good suggestion, which was to take a bunch of cuttings and start a sog in place of the male. Food for thought. My only quarrel with a sog is the plant count, as I am not in a cannabis friendly state... yet.. I have fimd and am just keeping everything under the screen at the moment. Need to go to the hydro store and pick up some coco loco for cuttings. 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Figured I'd sneak this girl in. She is soon to be out of there. :hello:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Man thats some good looking plants.

Im along to see it grow :)

3. Good to have you on board Snoop! I always find myself goggling at your grow. One day I will get a pool going.  :D  

The pool is done 22 ounces!

5. I am all kinds of jelly. You will have to let me know when your book is done.

6. Chow GC,

It's been a busy day, made it down to the local hydro store and picked up some coco loco as I am switching over to organics after I finish up the bottle nutrients, which should be at the end of this grow. The MSHs were fed CNS17 Grow at 500ppm today and I took cuttings of each and put them in the loco. 

[​IMG]

I thought I might show y'all the first version of my fan box. It's just a 3/4" mdf box with 1/2" sound board lining the interior. The second version has 1" of sound board and finger joints instead of miter joints. 

[​IMG]

MSH

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MSH Cuttings (One from each)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blue Mammoth (Fed yesterday, one more feeding and then I am going to flush that bitch)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. What's up everyone? Hope all is well in everyone's gardens. I had a bit of a scare today, the landlord came over for a bit. Luckily everything went smoothly and all is well.I can't wait to cut the BM, the MSH(s) need some space. Next time around I might only run 1 plant under the screen.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moonshine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blue Mammoth- Flushed 8/14/14

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Climax

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Looks good man, always like seeing another scrog. Check out my thread where I am running 1 Super Lemon Haze under a 20 X 20 inch screen.

9. Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. Fed the girls at 600 ppm today so we will see how they do. I think I might take the cuttings that I have and toss them in a plastic storage container to try and sex them so I can pull any males before I flip.I am planning on flipping the lights whenever the blue mammoth gets cut. I know I post a lot of pics, let me know if it's too much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blue Mammoth

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Hey GC! I am getting pretty busy so this is a rushed post. 

Fed them at 670 ppm/5.9 ph. Harvested the Blue Mammoth so it's drying right now :yay:

A buddy of mine came over and we trimmed underneath the screen, I know this is a pretty big debate for people but looking at both of my harvests, I have had a lot of underdeveloped buds that have just been tossed into my hash pile I don't want the plant wasting resources on buds that will never make it to the screen.

@[member="GoldGrower"] I've read through several of your posts about trimming and you mentioned that you should just tuck your leaves under the screen. I tuck the fan leaves that are close to the screen but what about the fan leaves/bud sites that are under the canopy and will not make it to the top because you already have a full canopy? Would you still not trim them then? I've already cleared it out but I was just curious as to how you usually choose which ones have to go.

This is always a learning experience.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Hey man plants are looking good. Ill post a under screen shot tomorrow, I've taken off all the bud sites that are lower then 1" or so away from the screen. I could have went right to the screen but I figure any tiny buds there I don't want to smoke go in the trim pile.

12. Thanks man! I just flipped the lights today so tomorrow will be flower day 1. I still don't know if I have any males or not, but I will deal with things as they appear. I will post pictures tomorrow.

13. Flower Day 2[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Plants looking nice and healthy, if all 3 end up female gonna be tight packed in there. Usually by first week you will be able to see.

I just put a thin mylar sheet around the frame of my light support to help get some better reflection but now its raised the temp a bit even with 1 1/2 sides still fully open and the fan still blowing over everything.  Wish I had a proper tent with intake/out for fans.. one day. 

15. #15 InternationalHarvester, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
    Thanks man, I def think if one turns to be a male then I could still have a full screen.

I feel you on the heat issues man. I can't wait to start growing in my 4x4. The SS880w is a beast of a light which I didn't take full advantage of during my first grow. I ended up leaving it on veg mode the entire time instead of switching over to bloom which pulls about 175w more than veg without the uvb bulbs on and 205w more with the uvb bulbs on. 

Back to the heat issues though, I had to put in a Y joint with a damper in one of my HVAC lines and route it as an intake into my tent. I am not sure what I am doing differently or if it's the temps outside, but I have my bloom lights on during this flower period and the temps are perfect 76-79.

16. Flower Day 3
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Its going to be getting tiiight in there! Should be great.

Thanks Case I hope so!  Can't tell if I should hope for all or girls or 2 girls. How's that ASD looking?

19. The 5w diodes on the ss880 should penetrate pretty well as long as the buds aren't stacked like they were on those autos. If you get all girls, I'd train them to give each branch its own piece of the grid and defoliate them a bit more. 

As for the ASD, well an update is in the works as I type... Stay tuned...

20. That's my goal, one branch per square. I def need to do some more trimming I am just waiting until they grow through the screen a little bit more. I was eager to come home and see the girls but I got back too late and it was already their bed time.