I Want To See Your Small Space Hid Light Setups.

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by stankycloset, Aug 11, 2014.

1. So I myself have a small cab with a 400watt dimmable ballest in a cool tube outside temps are 20-23 inside runs at 25-28. Lets talk small spaces and what you utilise to make it work.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. So my upper cab mesures 35 3/4 wide by 23 1/2 deep. Its 44" tall. Packed with a 6" cool tube 6" can fan and a 2 foot carbon filter supose to be for a 4" fan but its 6" diameter and I ring clamped right over without a flange. I had to vent out the side and build a 3 1/2" air box with a light trap.

Attached Files:

3. Now as for the bottom where I have seedlings/clones previously two mothers as well. Was tight as shit I might add tho anyhow it measures 17 1/2 wide 14 1/2 tall and 23 3/4 deep. Although the real bottom cab measures 25" high I cut two big holes to recess two big planters down sor a scrog grow. Kept my roots alot cooler gave me another 12" up top where it counts ;) now there is a second side but it just has supply in it but can be converted to a clone room to as the fan draws air throu right side to the left and exhausted.

Attached Files:

4. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #5 snoopdog6502, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
    Hey now... what you built is down right respectable. :) I love to see people build stuff.

That set up purchased would cost a good amount of money.

I was just looking at a thread that asked about a cash crop box. not even close to as cool as yours.
    http://www.dealzer.com/cash-crop.html

Id grow hydro in yours and get the most out of it.

6. Thanks snoop. Respect. Took some testing and trying. But it all worked out. Having to think up different ways to light proof both doors, intake and exhaust wasn't easy but was some fun.

7. I have considered hydro. But not surr what way to go and im just worried about not having a buffer never experimented with hydro befor.

8. My set up

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

9. My new setup

Attached Files:

10. Just an update. Not sure why. this isent a journal but heres the cab now on the 24th of August 14 days after the first pic
    A ten leafer. Never seen one of theas befor. Freek show plant lol

Attached Files:

11. Looking good man. If you can do this then you can go hydro.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. My friends set up is 2x2x5 GL60 tent. He has a bag weed seed growing in it and that thing looks crazy. here is a pic of it at 3 weeks of flowering below.

The temps were right at 90* when he went with the exhaust system. Now the high temps at the probe (near the top of the main cola) are 80* and the temps at the floor are 77*. during the evening the temps are at 72-73 and humidity hangs around 45% day and up to 60% overnight. 

he is slowly becoming addicted to growing. i am getting smart on it just so we can talk and I am not totally lost.

13. An old set up of mine. A two plant DWC under a 250w HPS, in a 1.5'x2'x4' chipboard box, with a 4" fan and filter. Temperature always stayed under 30℃

[​IMG]

14. Same box with an auto in DWC

[​IMG]

15. Same box again with flood and drain set up

[​IMG]

And after b&w plastic was added

[​IMG]

16. Looks good man.

17. Just a little update. Comming up on 4 weeks on monday. Heres whats going on up in my box. Got five girls here all doing well. Got a atomic jam, three sweet tooths and a bag seed and honestly the bag seed has an abundance of crystal but it has alot of foliage. Still its pulling the strongest with crazy tricomb coverage. Its the last two pics.
    Cant wait to roll in the dehumidifier soon and suck the rh down nice and low. Thats when they'll explode in res production :)

Attached Files:

18. Hey gold. What are the holes going up the left side of ur cab. Were they for an air cooled light befor?