Getting Started Again, T8s And Cfl, Then 400 Watt Hps For Flower.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by BadHabits, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Hello fellow growers!
      Been a looong time since I was on here, but I am starting a new grow setup after not being able to grow for about 4 years, Very excited and it is going great so far! Currently, the plants are 11 days old, and seem to be thriving.

Here's the setup at the moment:

I have a 4 bulb, T8 fixture along with 5 CFL bulbs clipped on along the outer edge, (roughly 17,500 lumens altogether)

2 circulation fans, plus an inline fan and carbon filter combo for exhaust,

Closet lined with poly plastic, and then covered with Mylar (survival blankets) for reflectivity,

Soil medium is virtually completely organic, other than a small amount of MG nutrients in the perlite, and peat moss. (Which I will remedy for next grow). the mix I am using is about 1/3 composte and cow manure, 1/3 peat moss, 1/6 perlite, and 1/6 potting soil.

I just today transplanted all 4 plants from the solo cups I started them in, into 2 gallon (Would have preferred larger, but it will do) pots.

I should have by flowering, a 400 Watt HPS HID light to really help boost the yield

Currently, I am not using nutrients, however they have received one watering with a 1/4 teaspoon per gallon filtered water of Superthrive. When I do begin supplementing nutrients, I plan on using simple blood meal for vegetative, and then switching to Foxfarm Organic liquid soil nutes (Big Bloom) for flowering.

I have been documenting the entire grow with pics, and will begin by posting the setup, and the progress they have made thus far. I hope to be able to update this journal daily, but cannot promise I won't miss a day or two here and there, Any constructive criticism or advice is appreciated! Hope you all enjoy seeing them grow as much as I do!

2. Ok, for starters, this is my current setup after the transplant. (Don't mind the veggies sprouting in the center)  ;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. And this is the progress they have been making. :) The blue cup is the bubblegum feminized, the rest are bag seed,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. I'd say this is the largest at the moment, (this being before the transplant) and it is growing VERY well. :D

[​IMG]

5. Ok, Update for 8/11/14!
    Day after transplanting.
    The plants seem to have handled the transplant great! (so far at least)
    [​IMG]