Aeroponic Cloner Problems

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by Adamrl018, Aug 10, 2014.

1. #1 Adamrl018, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2014
    Hi I'm having some problems rooting clones in my aeroponic cloner. They are under t8s. I have the green tote hooked up with a chiller set at 68f and the blue one is at room temp. The sprayers come on every 2hours for 15min. The clones have ro water little bit of superthrive and a little bit of rooting hormone.
    The clones look good but they are taking quite a whole to root. Some of them look like the stem is rotting but the stem is stiff. This clones are about 10days old.
    My last clone took about 20days to root.

What can I do to shorten my root times? uploadfromtaptalk1407692670302.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1407692686465.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1407692696803.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1407692705683.jpg

2. I have best results with
    non PH's Tap water, no hormones or vitamins.
    No timer, pump on 24/7

3. I have the timer on my cloner set for a half hour on and 45 minutes off. It seems like your sprayers aren't on enough to me. And I don't ph my water either just tap water with clone-x.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. What style rooting gel are you using? What clone solution are you using? Those covers being light colored I would assume light gets through them. I would cover the tops of your cloners so that light doesn't come into root chamber. I have bought super thrive myself but was afraid to use it. I am not sure if I would use it to clone. My first aeroponic clone round I got 5 of 7 to root and in 7days. I use clone x rooting gel, and life cloning solution. Your spray time is very dif from mine as well I run 5 mins on 55minsoff. Would love a repeat timer 5seconds on 55seconds off but couldn't bring myself to spend $80. Did u have Alagea last time when you changed out your water?

• Like Like x 1
  5. 5min 1min intervals for the timer, and cut all the tips on those leaves so the cuts will stop thinking they need to grow leaves and grow only roots.

• Like Like x 1
  6. My sprayer is on all the time and my cloner is currently running 100% success rate. It has never not rooted a clone. 10 days is pretty normal but I'll wait another 4-5 until the roots get big. I put a light amount of nutrients in my cloner. GH flora micro 1ml, Calimagic 1ml, superthrive, hydroguard, budcandy with rainwater. I have a turbo klone 24. I'm using quick clone root gel.

I also don't run a chiller or even an airstone. Many cloning kits come with heaters. You may be running too cold. They need a little warmth and humidity to help them root. That's the main purpose of a humidity dome which I'm not seeing either. I don't have any special clone or seedling light I just put the clone machine off to the side of the tent not directly under the light. That works fine for me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Some things to check:
    Where is your pump? That chiller may be set to 68 but your pump could be heating the 68 way past that. Check the temp after the pump shuts off if its a submersible. If it's at 68 you may want to raise the temp to 72 and increase your spray time to 15on 30off.

I run mine 24/7 because I don't feel like dicking with my sequential timer. When I ran my aquaponic/aero system 15/30 cycle worked like a charm.

Some things that work for me:
    -fresh coconut water. Not from a bottle. When taking clones, and lightly scraping the base of the stem, soak the clones in coco water for 30 min before putting into the cloner. Coconut water and jelly has been used in tissue culture for years.
    -fresh tap water, bubbled for at least 24 hrs. Or boiled. (Break the chloramine but keep your minerals)
    http://www.sfwater.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentID=6920
    -1tsp maxicrop and 1Tbls "lilly of the Valley preservative free aloe" "inner fillet" per gallon. DO NOT LET THIS SPRAY OUTSIDE THE ROOT ZONE. This works when temps are out of wack or things are being stubborn. I can run the solution for up to 2 weeks before a change. The stabilizers in maxicrop and the citirc acid in the aloe keep the solution stable.
    -clean between every run with 20ml of 35% H2O2 or bleach (IDK the ratios there)

HTH

8. Agree with the others, don't use a timer. My clones droop for a few hours and then come right back to life within a day. Like the others I get nearly a 100% success rate.

Peace,
    Z

9. received_10154463581613611.jpeg 400gph sub pump with a riser pipe and a brass sprinkler head. Pump runs 24 hours and clones root in 5-10 days depending on strain and how woody the branch is. I use tap water with a dash of Olivias and sometimes I worry about pH but usually not. 100% of them root. All the light I use is a 5000k (cool white) 23w cfl.

Try running the pump 24/7 :)

10. I have used super thrive to clone with. Not even any root gel. Just tap water super thrive and air stone scratch the outer lower part of stem to clone. It will root in no time. Stop the light getting in reservoir. It will do the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum