Tony Stewart Kills Nascar Driver During Race [Video]

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Royal Vengeance, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Sad racing should never come to this.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

2. What I'm trying to figure out was if the impact of Jr made the car turn inward and the engine rev, or if tony turned into him while gassing it

Omega369

3. #23 Royal Vengeance, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2014
    It definatly could explain the sudden upward movement of the car besides actual intent to do harm.

Cause like I said. You can see him get wrapped up in the back wheel

4. He doesn't go out of his way to hit him, he is coming out of a corner and when you overcome centripetal force you get kicked to the outside of the turn.

5. This is tragic. I think everyone will agree that Kevin Ward should have stayed in his vehicle. It was a just a moment of hot anger that broiled down and he thought he wrecked him on purpose. Got out of his car to show his displeasure and got WAY too close to traffic.. I don't think Tony meant to hit him, but he saw he was flipping him the bird so I think he might have veered close to him on purpose. Either way there will definitely be a serious investigation into this. It's just sad to see one uncontrolled moment of anger cost a young man his life. 

6. If any of us hit somebody on the road in a situation like this we would go to jail almost no matter what. You can use the "he was just trying to scare him excuse" all you want, but it resulted in the guys life being taken away. He should have stayed in his car, yes, but tony had more than enough room to avoid him. he shouldn't have even chanced it

Sent from my iPad using G

7. I think its stupid to say that Tony Stewart is not at all to blame here.  What the dead guy did was very stupid, but TS is driving a vehicle and should be aware that it can very easily kill a person.  He shouldve slowed wayy down like the dude in the blue car did, instead he sped up and got close to the guy, which in my eyes is grounds for at least manslaughter.  Very tragic situation for everyone involved. Peace to the deceased and his family, as well as tony stewart, i cant imagine hes feeling too good right now either.

8. Exactly. he deliberately got CLOSE to him and I agree that itself should be enough for some sort of indictment. 

9. #29 OscarZetaAcosta, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
    Stewart is fucked, he gunned it at him...Not only that but he spun him out the previous lap.  Other racers in every series of NASCAR jump out of their vehicles and never get hit, hell, some of them even threw their helmets at other racers.

This does not bode well for Tony Stewart. :cool:

10. I don't see anything that shows me definitively that Stewart swerved his car, the fishtailing that happens seems more a result of colliding with Ward

It was nighttime on what appears to be a poorly lit racetrack and Ward was wearing dark clothing

Couple that with the idea that no rational person would walk out into the middle of a racetrack when cars are speeding by

It should be investigated like any other motor vehicle accident resulting in a death, but I also have the feeling that Ward's actions were reckless enough that even the greenest of lawyers could get Stewart off the hook, although he'll probably pay through the nose in civil court.

11. #31 Twistedd, Aug 11, 2014
    I do not see Tony at fault at all. Collisions happen in racing, all the time. Tony Stewart is known for being an asshole, but I very highly doubt he would purposely hit someone on a race track. The sad truth is that Ward would still be alive today if he didn't get out of his car and run into oncoming traffic.

Not to mention, He literally jumping in front of Tony's car. You see him cross into the direct path Tony is driving in.

12. #32 Twistedd, Aug 11, 2014

You do realize how much different dirt track racing is compared to street track racing, right? The terrain makes all the different. Not to mention, it's a race and they are traveling at high speed.

13. Watching it over and over it's just ridiculous

There are five cars that pass Ward once he makes it onto the track, two within probably five feet of him

By the time Stewart makes it around, Ward is in the center of the track and Stewart (assuming he saw him in time) has the choice of either swerving to the right and slamming into Ward's broken down car or swerving left and cutting into the infield

It's just a sad situation because it didn't need to happen at all

14. #34 The Brad, Aug 11, 2014
    I was at this race I live 15 mins from the speed way. Never saw anything like this before left me with that empty gut feeling. Tony stewart isn't at fault the kid was an idiot for getting out if the car. He was seeing red no doubt after getting pushed off the track. I don't think some people realize how little time racers have to react and combine that with it being at night...

15. They're in an active race, it's dark as shit, the driver is wearing all black complimenting how fucking dark it is, decided to exit the vehicle and point fingers. Like wtf? That's his fault

16. From everything I've read on it, those cars have a solid differential which means steering is ALOT harder, and one way to to increase your ability is to give it more gas. Also the visibility in them is next to nil on the sides and drivers have to cut holes to be able to see. Combine all that with a dimlit track and a driver wearing all black. Well...

Its sad but the kid shouldn't have gotten out

Sent from my LGLS740 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Guy...:mellow:Why didn't you just get up on the hood and whip your helmet at him or sum shit?

18. How fast would you say Tony was going when he made impact with Wards body. I'm familiar with drit track racing but I've never seen sprint cars first hand. 

19. I'm not exactly how fast he was going but it should be noted that the type of car Tony was driving, along with everyone else, is much harder to stop, not to mention, it is a dirt track and you are driving at high speed (although not as fast as NASCAR obviously).

20. I'm just going to state for the record that driving on dirt is an entirely different beast.  Even if you know how to do them and still maintain control, quick evasive maneuvers are likely to put your vehicle into a slide (I will state though that I have zero experience around these types of vehicles, so I can't speak to handling characteristics).

So to me, it looks like the kid was fucked the moment he decided to run down into traffic.