First Rig

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Jon3oh9, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Do not water dunk to season. That shit doesn't work and will ruin the nail head faster. The best way to season a nail is to season with oil.

2.  exactly what im doing. I have this super 13 dollar cheap quartz domless piece im using works really good for what it is. Saving up money for the fancy stuff.

3. When you say quarts rig do you mean a quarts nail?

I don't think they would bother making a rig out of quartz.

Don't dunk in water like the DR. Said!
    If you go with Tai you really want to put a seasoning coat on there otherwise your errl will taste like shit.

There is a thread here about seasoning with out bho that I started in which I explains in detail what it means to season a nail and how you should do it.

Jimmy also has a guide for seasoning using an oven which works wonders and you only waste small amounts of oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Joel Halen and a couple other dudes have made 100% quartz rigs :p

5. How many though? Lol

Cool to know, how much more do they cost?

Seems like it would be a lot of work to make one, I read that quartz is not as easy to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. idk, theres probably a hanfdul or two floating around somewhere. Quartz requires much higher temps to work at so yeah it can be pretty difficult. I'm sure they were expensive, I couldnt even tell you how much though :p