Burning Throat

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by zxhira, Aug 10, 2014.

1. here in the UK its not common to really use pipes/bowls/whatever the right name is but because I cant roll i decided to pick up a pipe. But when i tried using it, my throat seemed to burn so much more than usual. I didnt put any tobacco in the weed, so maybe that was why? And possibly because I havent done weed in a while and even when i did it, it was only a few times.
    Any tips to ease the pain?

Also, the weed seemed to burn so quickly, like within the first light, the entire bowl seemed to become ash? Am i doing something wrong 😐😭

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. How long did you hold the lighter on it?  You should just touch it too the bud to get it cherried and then pull it away

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah just tap the lighter to it and don't hit it to hard
    is it a metal pipe?
    If so get glass at least

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ice cold beverages help! Nooo don't mix weed and tobacco in your pipe. Unless you really want to. Than in that case go for it, but I think tobacco in a bowl with weed would make your throat burn even more.

Maybe you could take smaller hits op. That always works for me. Or get a bong?

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

5. I dunno about bongs, for beginners it makes it seem like bong smoke will be so much cooler, until they take a huge rip and then pray to god hoping to die because their throat feels like it got charred lol. Take it from the beginner who did that (me). 

My best advice would be to get the smoke into your mouth first before you inhale into your lungs. Like smoking a cigar, if you ever did that. Don't do a straight inhale down your throat or you will burn the hell out of yourself. Do kind of like a puff puff, fill your mouth with smoke and THEN inhale if you get my drift. But smaller hits and definitely cold drinks is a must. 

6. if the entire bowl ashes out in 1 hit, you might be smokin spice or some really low grade dry dry weed.

7. It burns my throat a little too out of my friends spoon, but mine feels a little smoother. It still burns a bit, but I don't mind, cuz by the time I'm high, I don't notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum