The Milkmans Coco Closet

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by tallglassesofmilk, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Lol I love having pothead friends that are 100% down to trim for like 6 hours straight for an 8th of bud.

I do enjoy the smell. Its like fruit punch and laundry.

2. You sir have a tent full of ganja. :smoke:

3. I'm excited :yay: I can't help but thank you for being there whenever I needed some assistance. I'm glad sitnspin sent me to you.

Hopefully we'll cross paths at one of the cups sooner or later and I can buy you a proper drink. :metal:

4. You took to it very quickly! It shows when someone wants to learn, and you obviously do. I'm glad the formula has given you success and it will continue to do so! The ole teach a man to fish proverb comes to mind here... :smoking: :laughing:

One thing I'm looking into now is adding an enzyme product.. Either hygrozyme or cannazym.. Gonna go pick it up tomorrow. I've been researching it quite a bit.. I love google. I usually end every search with ICMag cause they have a lot of great info on this kinda stuff over there.... Just like how Grasscity has a kick ass Organics section.

I suggest looking into it a lil bit.. I do think it will be super beneficial for us to use. :)

5. I'll let you be the test rat with that zyme. I wanted to try it but I haven't read into its use in coco grows enough to just go for it.

A company that sells this stuff called mycofusion is sending me some samples of what they called a food source for the mycorrhizae. I'll let you know how that goes.

Its funny man, before I got on grasscity I asked a few guys that I've known for a while to teach me and they all acted like it was just sooo complicated and measuring liquids was some sort of rocket science. :p

6. In your friends defense, there is quite a bit that goes into it.. If it was easy as pour water on a plant in dirt, then everyone would be doing it. Pound for pound, cannabis is one of the most expensive herbs ever sold.. It has loads of worth.

With the mycorrhizal fungi.. If it has tricoderma, it's not worth to use.. Also if it has a spore count of lower than 108 propagules per gram of glomus intraradices, then it's not gonna be near as good as the VAM is. I've used all kinds of mycorrhizal fungi products and the VAM is hands down, the best I have ever used.

With the enzyme.. I'm sure you have seen the malted barley teas that the organic guys make? Well they do that to add enzymes.. In a soil garden it's not as necessary to dose with every feeding because the soil medium can extend the life of the enzymes, but in hydroponics, it's sterile, so using a product like hygrozyme, with an unlimited shelf life, is the way to go... That way I'm not always having to brew up a batch and I can easily add a couple ml into every feeding(it's very concentrated)

I've read that adding enzymes can boost yield, flavor, aroma, plus make the plant stronger and able to fight off disease and pest infestation more easily. I'm down with that for sure.

Well Iron, there are those of us who like this water only organic soil method.  :laughing: I used a malted barley tea twice this run and each time the results could be seen in a day or two if not over night. Although I didn't talk up the growth on the second time since she was in her stretch in flowering, but the first time in veg was definitely noticeable. ENZYMES  :metal:

8. I'm stoked you're going to start using it.. I can only guess but I think it will be a nice boost in your already quite large yields.

The mycofusion stuff isnt actually a sub for the vam mix, it works with it. Heres what they have on their site:

Santiam Organics has engineered a System for maximizing the benefits of mycorrhizae. RHIZO-CHARGE 2.0 is step 2 after inoculation. It is key in delivering myco-symbiotic organisms to the rhizosphere to aid in root colonization.

It is strange, how even one of the most popular myco products out there, great white, has trichoderma. Its about twice the price of the vam powder, yet you end up with mostly trichoderma because it feeds of the other spore in the mix. :eek:

9. I've used corn sprouted seed teas and I totally understand what you mean as far as the increase in growth. My ak47 had a couple corn teas while young, in veg. She branched out very nicely.

I guess for me, I see organics as a hobby as well as a profession. It takes a good deal of patience which I don't always have. Lol

10. Sick today.. Bleh..

Going to do some reading. First thing I found was this..

Recent molecular analysis of Ribosomal DNA suggests that Glomus intraradices is not in fact in the genus Glomus at all, and should be renamed Rhizophagus intraradices.

11. Only thing with those root products is they are all so bloody expensive compared to other stuff.

Yeah It still can't cope with a full session though, still takes a few hours for the room to clear. I miss vaping already lol, the exhale smells nice.

12. You mean the zyme stuff? Just found some on eBay for $28 a litre. Yeah not cheap. The myco powder seems to last a while for the $20 300 gram bag.

13. Hey did ya look at the ingredients of the RhizoCharge? I've always been under the impression that Trichoderma weren't very compatible with endo-mycorrhizal populations. :confused_2:

14. Just did.. Kinda dissapointed. I though it was a carb source cuz that's how he was explaining it. Glad I didn't pay for it.

Nah not so much that but the root specific stuff, most my local shops vary between $50-$100 a litre.

Canazyme is $50 and Rhizotonic is $100 for example but some of the root accelerators are over 200 lol

16. Yeah that's probably the most expensive thing my shop carries. Wayyy too much.

Just transplanted some clones and the reveg got placed in a 2 gallon pot. Should interesting to see how she handles it.

I shall be watching the results of that mate :) 

I've always liked the idea of growing from seed, but I just got some pics from a friend who ordered 10 clones around the time my seeds germed....8 of them rooted, and they must already be 3 weeks ahead of mine...I think this time around a shit load of clones shall be taken! 

18. IMG_20150130_202756.jpg

Its pretty happy so far :)

Day 32

IMG_20150131_105449.jpg

Master

IMG_20150131_105407.jpg

Sour d

IMG_20150131_105435.jpg

Ak47

19. Oh awesome lol grasscity is broken... Idk bout forums anymore.. Instagram is like the same thing with more people

20. Instagram is like the same as GC bro? I always thought it was just used for sending strangers dick pics?

Come to think about it that probably explains all the rude messages..... :hide: