The Milkmans Coco Closet

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by tallglassesofmilk, Aug 9, 2014.

1. I have gotten used to the noise now bro.....although I do occasionally wake up thinking I have missed my flight seeing as it feels like I live in Heathrow airport lol. Pretty sure it bothers the neighbours more than it does me these days, they probably think they are living next door to a cannabis farm or something!

Oh.....actually.... :)

2. For sure. Okay so I'll definitely do the 50/50 coco perlite cuz I want it to be as close to hydro as possible but still hand watered.

The shower doesn't ever get that calcium buildup so yeah I'm probably OK with the tap water.. I'll still get the drops and meter tho.. I reeeally want this run to go smooth.

Day #6

Attached Files:

3. Haha

4. Oh yeah the roots are poking out of the fabric pot bottom and sides so I need to transplant asap... Just the plant on the right so far.

5. Hulk smash!!

Attached Files:

6. Its on that molasses! And a shitload of big bloom. I backed off on the grow big a lil bit.

7. I figured out how to post a lil bit nicer lol.
    IMG_20140811_113739.jpg girl scouts almost finished! Going to start flushing in a dew more days.. Or a week.

IMG_20140811_113820.jpg
    Getting her pimp lean on.

IMG_20140811_113804.jpg

Day #7 for my plants in veg!

IMG_20140811_120209.jpg

Defoliated vs. not. Lil experiment.

IMG_20140811_120621.jpg
    IMG_20140811_120406.jpg

8. Holy shit you are killing it mate! what size pots are you planning on finishing in?. I was looking at fabric pots today, seems like there are many advantages to using them over standard cheapy plastic ones.

Thanks yeah I gotta learn the hard way.

The #1 is air to the roots. Drying faster is a plus too I think. Air pruning/self pruning of the roots allows for you to use a much smaller pot with pure coco or 50/50 perlite coco mix.

I'll most likely be using 7 gallon smart pots because for some reason at my smaller hydro place that's close enough to walk to, they sell 3's for $3 7's for $5 and 10's for $9. Doesn't really add up and I don't mind needing to water a day early. I should be fine with a 3-4 footer in 7 gallons, especially using the perlite.

Sorry for talking your ear off lol.

10. That's another big reason.

11. Well that's me sold! only thing I'm not looking forward to is transplanting them...easy enough from root sponges in the propagator to the 5 litre pots, but it seems a lot more stressful to lift out a fully established plant from that to place into a 20 litre....probably stressful for the plant too....any tips on the best way to do it? :)

12. Let it get dry enough that you can pick it up easilly and if you don't want to reuse the 5 l pots, use some scissors to cut them off.

13. Well, so long as you don't damage too many roots, you can keep stress quite minimal. I'm not sure what medium your using, but the way I do it is I make sure roots have totally propagated the medium, turn the pot over and let the whole thing pop out. Then after transplanting, I use 1/4 strength fertilizer and let it spread to the new medium, thus reducing shock by keeping the nutrient level as equal as possible. I would also recommend a b vitamin supplement, b vitamin is excellent for reducing shock/stress.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1315929-Techead's-Indoor-Newbie-Grow-Journal

14. Cheers bro, yeah I did want to reuse them, but for the sake of 20 quid I would rather cut them off and keep my plants kicking than attempt to dig them out and damage the roots.

Typing that gave me a brainwave lol....might already be out there, or just another one of my dumb ideas lol, but velcro fastening straps for fabric pots?....once the plant begins to outgrow it, pull back the velcro, and voila!, plant is intact with minimal stress.

Probably already exists, or else there will be a basic reason as to why it doesn't lol....but if not, I'm trademarking that shit! ;)

15. No that's fucking smart bro. They do that with the aeropots that are made of plastic with the little spike looking things all over the sides. I'm sure this would be an awesome idea.