150 Watt Hps Dresser Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by integrajosh, Aug 9, 2014.

1. 10 days is a decent flush, you should be fine. I flushed mine for less time and mine turned out well but I use pretty much all organic stuff.
    What did you mean by you can't get very good runoff because your plant is trapped by the screen? You cant take it out to water or something?

2. It's a 3 gallon smart pit sitting in a drip pan. So whatever runoff it does have, the plant soaks back up. Didn't think about that at first for some reason...

3. And no it cant come out until harvest

4. #64 GrowTrees, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
    So you cant take it out to water? Its not good to leave it sitting in runoff bro..
    Can you get a towel in there to soak it up? Thats what I do for mine if I cant pull them out.

5. yeh man you should try to soak out some of that runoff. A turkey baster works too...or one of those big tube squirt guns that works like a syringe...I used to use one of those to water with, lol I should get another one it worked great.  If you're allowing the plant to soak that water back up, then not much is getting flushed out at all. When I start my flush I always run about 2x the container size worth of water through to kick start it...this 'washes' most of the leftover nutes out of the medium. I find that room temp or slightly warmer water will wash out far more salt build up then cold water....kinda like when you do the dishes ;)

6. Thanks guys, that's prbly the cause of many nute prblms i had during the grow. More knowledge for the next grow, I'll figure out the drainage asap

7. I ended up just cutting a hole in the drip pan and the bottom of my box, ghetto but so is the rest of the box so fuck it. Flushed with 5 gallons of ph'd water, runoff tested at 6.5-6.7 afterwards. Plant looks like it appreciated the long shower, healthy and smells amazing. Went with your tip on using warm water bongsauce, the runoff looked like coffee at first! I think that made the flushing more effective than cold water for sure.

8. Haha i know right. it might be an oven rack....

9. I haven't used my stove for 2 months lol

10. Watered for the last time tonight, gonna let it dry until saturday and chop before the lights usually come on

11. Finally, i just got done trimming and hanging all my buds in the box , got a shitload of trim for bho too. I'm so happy right now, thanks for all the help guys. First grow done!! Now onto blue widow..... the scissor hash got me high as fuck off of one big hit too, i can tell this stuff is gonna be dank after drying and curing.
    20141101_221943.jpg 20141101_222030.jpg

12. By the way, the plant was only 18" tall x 18 inches wide x 12 inches deep. Gotta love scrog and lst, lol

13. Nice bro, good job