Brookings Institute: Colorados Rollout Of Legal Marijuana Is Succeeding

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Green Wizard, Aug 9, 2014.

1. \thttp://www.brookings.edu/research/reports/2014/07/colorado-marijuana-legalization-succeeding\t \t \t \tColorado's Rollout of Legal Marijuana Is Succeeding\nBy: John Hudak

<span>Share on email</span> <span>Share on twitter</span> <span>Share on facebook</span> <span>Share on linkedin</span> <span><span>Share on google_plusone_share</span> <span>Share on stumbleupon</span> <span>Share on reddit</span> <span>Share on print</span> </span>

In November 2012, Colorado voters decided to experiment with marijuana, passing a constitutional amendment legalizing recreational cannabis. It was a bold move, but it also required quick, bold, and unprecedented action on the part of the state government to implement the policy. Colorado needed to set up a legal, regulatory, and tax system so that product would be available in dispensaries by January 1, 2014. As part of an examination of Colorado's implementation and rollout, Brookings' John Hudak spent a week in Denver interviewing elected officials, regulators, industry officials, and others playing a variety of roles and including supporters and opponents of legalization policy.

Hudak reports that the state of Colorado has largely succeeded in rolling out a legal marijuana system, and its early implementation efforts have been impressive. This report details what has been successful, how Colorado has achieved an effective rollout, and what challenges remain. Below are a few highlights.
    [​IMG]
     ​
     ​
     ​

2. Unregulated home grows.
    Good bye home grows.
    Didn't see that coming.

3. So Colorado does not have collectives? Just dispensaries?

4. Seed to sale.
    No collectives.

Yeah, I thought this was weird too. I disagree that home grows are unregulated. You're only allowed to grow 6 plants. Sounds like regulation to me.

6. What's the difference between collectives and dispensaries? L

7. Collective or co-op. They collectively get weed from patients and sell it to other patients.

Dispensaries are all ran from with in. That is how co does it. They grow thier own and sell their own and help no one out

8. Collectives operate in an extremely gray area, where they claim to buy and sell to and from other patients, bs...They operate, for the large part, with the same motives as dispensaries, $$$.

9. Come on let the butt hurt flow. We all know how you feel about it. What is your deal. Did you get burned by a bad partner or something.
    Please show me one business that isn't in it for the money. That is why you open a business. To make money. Even non-Profits ( co-ops) are in place to make money.

Let's all risk going to jail, asset forfeiture, and work 5 - 7 days a week for free. :D

Collectives can grow their own and also have the ability to purchase and exchange with other members.

11. They absolutely should be able to make money BUT the laws say one thing and many, trust me come to Spokane about 3-4 collectives/dispensaries out of 30+ really know anything about the medical benefits of cannabis and IMO if your going to claim to do it for non profit, medicinal reasons, you better at least know what can and can't help your patients.