Updates: Outdoor Organic, 3 Plant Grow, 2Nd Week Of Flower.. ~4-5 Foot Tall

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by RetarrrdedTexas, Aug 9, 2014.

1. started with 6, 3 fems, 3 males....

tore the males out two weeks ago.. 

here's what we got:

questions/comments welcome... this is my 3rd serious grow.. ended up with 7oz dried off of 6 plants last year.. this years looking much better:

Attached Files:

2. Do u know what strains ur growing?

7 oz off 6 plants outdoors is a very small harvest and these plants are small for this time of year

next year start your own soilless mix (organic) and let it cook for 4 weeks or longer and your plants will grow huge
    & dig the ground up good and u will get better & bigger yields

good luck

3. when do you start your plants

4. I like to start mine indoors around april 1st some strains in march & than ill put them out around may 24 weekend up till june 1st

I like to get them big as possible in veg indoors first but I've started from seed late as end of may and still grew monsters outdoors

when did u start?

5. My bad....thought u were talkin to me

6. Lol no.prob

7. sorry havent gotten a chance to reply to these, started from seed mid may, so that makes them ~12 weeks old

here's a little slideshow of they're lives :)

soil is a mixture of soil i use in the garden+forest soil (i live in a really foresty area, the really earthy smelling dirt you find under the forest bed of leaves, a little horse manure, a little chicken manure, and some perlite to let it breathe...

i feed with teas i make from earthworm castings, coffee grounds, compost, some really hot dirt i use in the veggie garden.

Attached Files:

8. they don't look 4' to 5' tall to me, they look about 2-3' tall in the pictures. the stems are rather small for a 5 foot plant. I think maybe your soil is to compact and not fluffy enough. maybe next year try adding something like promix bx Canadian peat moss, that will lighten up the soil up if you want bigger plants. What happens is your soil gets to compressed over time and then the roots cant penetrate the soil so the plants will grow slow, sometimes if its really bad they will die from that. 

9. Bigger pots would help also. Did you put drain holes in the buckets. Buckets are terrible pots for growing plants. Try using fabric pots next year they will make a world of difference.

10. yeah i poked a bunch of drain holes, took a screwdriver and just made  salt shaker out of the bottom of the buckets... had ok results in buckets before, and where i grow they DEF get eaten by critters if they aren't in buckets or protected... i've lost alot of plants that way in the past.

here's a couple pics i took today:

i debated trimming a bunch of the lower branches off so maybe it would focus more on the top main colas, but, i figured i should just use the LITFA rule....(leave it the fuck alone) it's growing fast, more and more calyxs everyday..i dont wanna jeapordize that...

Attached Files:

11. #11 RetarrrdedTexas, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
    few more pics i snapped today when i went to water

Attached Files:

12. heh, got my anxiety meds refilled today :)  

so i'm in a klonopin awesome mood.. decided to have a little photoshoot of the girls... 

starting to really notice a pungent smell when you get within a 20 foot radius of the flowering girls... nice and peppery/lemony/limey, with a hint of berry..

see the tall plants top cola peeking up over the brush there? (took this pic from down in the creekfacing up onto the creek bank where my plants hide behind a big poison berry plant :)

Attached Files:

13. updates

Attached Files:

14. #14 RetarrrdedTexas, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
    another week of flowering has passed :)

so about 3 weeks so far, the one that started the earliest is starting to fill out pretty nicely, covered in golf ball sized buds, and lots of new bud spots developing

the other two are lagging behind a little bit, but starting to get going, one has 4 tops, the other just a single top: my supercrop also failed and the top died on one, the one that now has 4 tops...so it wasn't a complete failure i guess.. 

Attached Files:

15. shit, i couldnt find this thread and made another one, but now it's buried a few pages back..... so i'm gonna continue to update this thread:

this if my calculations are correct is week 4.5 of flower for the most developed plant, and week 3 of flower for the other 2:

Attached Files:

16. week 5 and week 3:

Attached Files:

17. few more pics:

all triches are completely clear right now, lots of red pistols going on however:

Attached Files:

18. and one pic of an old guy in a wizard hat in black and white from my /temp folder lol..

Attached Files:

19. took a sample branch from the plant that's nearly finished (it's at about week 7 or 8) starting to look nice and ripe, 

quick dryed a little bit and it smoked nicely, pretty damn strong!

the rest is drying slowly, gonna give that a try in a few days, so i can really gauge it (after a slower dry)

Attached Files:

20. so i've acquired a 1000w HPS!!! and i have the perfect room for it!!

so i decided to take a couple late clones form the bottom of the two strains im thinking i'm gonna like the best, 

the fast finisher, and the grape, 

they're in there with some plants/hedges my mom wanted me to clone for her for around her driveway lol...

the grape already rooted fast and stood back up in less than 48 hours, and the other is looking like it's about to stand up...

i've already gotten my soil mix in my pots for them and i just gotta go pick up the light in the next few days, and i'll get those babys revegged asap and let em veg until after november under 24/0, then flower outside in the spring!  super excited!

Attached Files: