Yellowing/curling/dying Fan Leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by foolontheplanet, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Hey everyone, hoping I could get some insight as to what might be going on with my plant. I'll attach some pictures here for help.
    My lower fan leaves are turning pale and yellow. Some have brown splotches on them. Seems like it's "spreading" from the bottom-up.
    The rest of the plant looks good to me, but this is my first grow so I might not know. Beyond the stretching and the fan leaves, things seem like they're on the right track?
    Any help would be great, thanks!
    Ps, those leaves in the dirt are ones that I trimmed for light reasons)
    Pps, the images make my lighting look super inadequate, but it is much better than the pictures look.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407596380.972785.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407596460.094068.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407596473.929873.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407596494.365037.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407596503.815691.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. How many weeks are you into flower? What nutrients are you providing at the moment.

3. My first guess would be nitrogen or over watering.

4. I would say I am about 3 weeks - 1 month into flowering and am using a standard crystalized flowering plant nutrient. Attached a shot of the label for clarification, thanks! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407610674.165322.jpg

5. How much are you feeding your plant? The yellowing is a lack of Nitrogen, but as you get closer to harvest, it will become more prominent.

6. I'm adding about half a tablespoon per gallon as the instructions indicate for indoor blooming plants. Do you think I should try upping to maybe a full tablespoon and see if that helps? Don't want to overdo it, but if you think it's mostly due to a lack, I could give it a shot.

7. I'm wondering... your plant looks pretty small in comparison to other indoor grows, yet you're feeding it as you should a fully thriving plant.

Have you tested your runoff or soil ph levels?

8. I have not done any testing like that. I'm not really sure where to get that stuff in my area and don't necessarily want to order any online. I was hoping I could go lo-fi if I wasn't expecting much results, but I guess I was hoping for too easy a time.

I don't feel like it's that small though, if say about three feet!

9. If you have a nursery in your area they carry Ph kits, as well so do home improvement stores, normally located in their lawn and garden center.

Best to use distilled water to flush your plant. Gan get it at Walmart or other similar stores.

I'm going to say it looks like a nitrogen deficiency... but during flower that is acceptable. Not knowing what your ph is would be a gamble to suggest increasing nitrogen levels to compensate for an unknown cause.

However... you can add worm castings/bat guano to assist in a nitrogen difficiency and it won't harm your plants.

10. Yes i would add something that is just nitrogen. Like fish emulsion. It will get to the plant fastest and it is organic.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

11. Organic high in nitrogen... fish emulsion works. I bought some, but the stink... Holy hell! It smelled like someone shit in the room... very funky, gag a maggot.

12. It does smell. It goes away in a couple of days. One dose should be all you need to finish. Go light on the doseage. Or you could purchase a bottle of nitrogen. I have seen bottles of it in the store.

13. Awesome, thanks! I'll go see what I can find. The fish emulsion sounds like it would be perfect.

14. The plant is in bloom and should be fed a bloom formulas with calcium and magnesiun and you are.

magnesium is key for the plant to make chlorophyll.

Any high nitrogen formula is not what you want. what you are feeding is fine.

Oh the plant is blooming, fuck those leaves. Noobs nuke the plants with shit thinking there is a problem but it perfectly normal to have yellow fan leaves on a flowering plant.

You are done growing leaves, ignore them and focus on flowers.

15. What are the plants at week 3 maybe 4. Still early enough to give a small dose. I would use no stronger than half strength. If the folwers where further along i would say just finish and do nothing as it will effect taste. It looks like you have another 4 or 5 weeks left. The nitro should be fluched out by then.

16. Most chemical nutes now keep feeding nitro to plants until end of nuting. Which is from 2 weeks to 3 days. If the plants does not need it it will not use it. However do not over nute as it will burn the roots and she will stop taking anything but water. And can even die.
    Do not throw nutes at plant you will break a branch or the main stem. Those bags and bottles can get heavy.

After 2 weeks to 3 days from harvest.