Girls With Body Hair

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by undertoad, Aug 9, 2014.

1. The question was do YOU shave everyday? i shave like once every other week, my girlfriend shaves every 4-5 days. Guys expect females to shave all the time because at the young age of 18 every single girl they touch has shaved legs. I can't understand how guys can think it's nasty for girls to have hair?
    "God" gave it to them.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1305920-Kushgodrex%27s-First-Grow

2. I shave about once a week or every two weeks. Every day is overkill.

3. Hey some girls look like little boys and some men look like little boys too. It's just how things are with the variety that people come in.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Mean girls lol!

5. I don't mind a trimmed bush but come on, you're a lady lol. Armpit hair ain't cool! Legs can go one way or the other depending on if you wear jeans or shorts more often. It's all personal preference but still. I'm not trying to put anyone down and if your boyfriend likes it awesome, just not for me.

6. Liz Lemon's moustache

7. :hide: do you, i guess

8. some of these responses made me roll my eyes... i think its fantastic personally. females already have very little autonomy compared to males so taking control of the situation i assume is extremely empowering. great thread~

Sent from my GT-I9082L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. It's really on you. If you tryna be mufasa then by all means...... na jk. Personally it just feels weird to me that's why I shave/wax. I could give a fuck if a girl wants to be natural and whatnot, but just don't smell.. 

10. I think it's cool that you've decided to do this, power to you. The concept of women shaving pits and legs was really just Gillette trying to sell some damn razors, so why not open up a whole new demographic?

I'd be alright with a girl I was dating to do this too, although I'd probably request trimmed pubes.

11. Are you in my women's studies class??

12. Lol nah, I'm not in school anymore and never took a women's studies class. But I do work in an environment that deals largely in history, so I read a lot.

13. They way I think of it-us guys don't shave are legs or armpits, so why should you? I mean besides the swimmer guys haha. I have 3 older sisters who all shave and wax, but they do it because they want to, not to conform to societies opinion of the ideal female.

So good for you, your boyfriend is a true man. And way to make your own choices. I hate seeing how society has this double standard with women. Like the classic: guy has sex with multiple girls and is called a god, yet a girl who has sex with multiple dudes is a slut?! Like wtf. Or that girls can't wear short shorts and take pride in themselves yet guys can do whatever? But what bothers me the MOST is that if a girl gets raped, it's her fault for being drunk or dressing promiscuously. But not the guys fault. Like come on guys, we should be protecting our women, not taking advantage of them. Besides, you guys who do take advantage of women give us all a bad name. Do you know how frustrating it is when a girl starts walking faster if you're behind them or crosses the street? Hell! Girls have started carrying mace and non lethal self protection items for their keychain. That shouldn't be the case.

Sorry for the rant, but when I get heated there's no stopping me. Haha well good for you girl!

14. My gf isn't shaving her legs for a while either :p

15. The sandals explain it all.

16. honestly that is extremely gross. I would never ever date a girl with body hair. She must be hairless (and if she wants me hairless then ill do what pleases her). Honestly, I debate whether or not i care if girls have arm hair. If its very fine, and almost invisible then idc, but if its visible then shave it off lol

not to be rude, but if people see a girl who isn't shaved and has hair on her legs, they'll think she's lazy. seeing your legs, I would have honestly thought those were a mans legs. Were in the 22nd century, way different than the 60s-70s were. Men are actually becoming much more 'feminized', even if they're insanely masculine. They begin to care about looks, they want to be trimmed the perfect size, they want to have younger looking skin, perfect teeth. As a culture were turning very metrosexual,  so for you to do this takes guts. I'm not advocating what you're doing, I'm just saying you got some big ass balls between those unshaven legs lol 

Honestly, If i went on a date with a girl and I saw she didn't shave her legs, I would just leave right then and there. you should consider shaving again. 

17. Honestly OP, you sound exactly like my ex girlfriend.

Let me first start out by saying that I am a feminist. I hate the societal double standard and would love equality for all male/female/trans genders.

My ex, let's call her M, was so focused on breaking down those barriers and making people aware of them that she didn't realize her polarizing rhetoric was giving people a negative impression about what it means to be a feminist. When you say things like, "well, if its so offensive to you..." Or "well, everything you know about...is wrong" it doesn't do much for the cause. (I understand you're here to talk about societal norms, but I've seen sentences like this earlier in your posts)
    What shit like that does is enforce the trogolidytic mentality most ignorant people (and congressmen ;)) still cling on to today. My girlfriend didn't understand that, and ended up driving everyone who was close to her away because she was so aggressive with her words. Myself included.

Good for you I guess, but most people don't give a flying fuck about you or what you do with your body hair until you make it obvious or call attention to it. More power to you lady.

18. I expect my fiancé to be clean and shaven, just as she expects me to trim up and be clean. There's a reason society sees it as taboo. There's a smell and look factor that come into play.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

19. I think It's fine if you live in the mountains or something...