Girls With Body Hair

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by undertoad, Aug 9, 2014.

It's not an ultimatum, it's a question. Because I don't view the issue of oppression towards gender expectations on the issue of personal grooming to be worthwhile. At this point, I feel we live in a progressive enough world, to where if you want to go that route, you can. It's not like there is any law banning it. I don't personally care if someone brings up the background of how we've gotten to this point, when we're not literally forced to think any kind of way at all. People can choose to step out of any box they want, when they want. Though taking that step is arduous due to years of ingraining, millions and millions of people have. This isn't an issue of oppression, it's an issue of the implications of personal choice- an issue of what happens when you belong to the minority in a situation where the majority isn't necessarily "wrong", and doesn't necessarily have any incentive to be "right". Her boyfriend can use his tongue as a machete and chop through the Amazon if he wants, I'm gonna stick to meadows.

2. You gotta shave those pubes. I don't like hair in my food.

That is an interesting topic, even though I realize it's a double standard I could never be with a girl that didn't shave at all. Body hair can be unhygienic, it's a good breeding ground for lice/ crabs if you do get exposed. See, us guys, we're nasty. And we expect girls to be less nasty.

But I wouldn't take anything I say too seriously. I'm the kind of guy that likes to believe girls don't poop.

4. I trim my pubes and armpit hair

You gotta at least do that

Omega369

5. Your question asks me to choose between the lesser of two evils, one being the forced trimming of pubes, which is a sexist stance, the other being the forced indoctrination of my own offspring. You asked me if i "had to" choose which implies i have no real choice, what would i choose. And I chose option number three, which is "my choice." :smoke:

To step outside the box, one must first realize there is one.

No one has to force anyone to believe anything, people willingly choose to accept the first most comfortable option available and then often "cling" to it out of fear of change. This was the intention of the advertising agencies that were even hired by the nazis, and after the war, hired by the americans to sell both political ideas and chinese crap to the less critical thinkers.

The fact that people replied with "gross" without even considering the cultural impications bleeds ethnocentrism into the thread.

A personal choice implies you know what all the options are. OPs post began with, and ill paraphrase, "i was raised to believe there was no other way."

This implies her culture forced a choice onto her, as your culture leads you to believe hair is gross. I imagine if you were born in a place without internet your bedroom would be the first place you discovered what is "normal" and youd be less inclined to declare your choice was made with all the facts, when by your own admission, you are as normal as your environment tells you, you are.

My point has been society is bad at making good choices, since society is often as impulsive as it is stupid.

6. This, This, and this. This is what I'm after. This was the realization that I had a choice, that there was a box to step out of.

And yes, I think it's attractive on me, I think it's attractive on other ladies. To me, natural is beautiful. No one has to share my views, that's what makes sociology interesting - people like different stuff.

I'm grateful that my boyfriend is like minded and genuinely thinks I'm sexy no matter what. For both of us, our bodies are our own more than they are each other's. That should be true for EVERY relationship regardless of the topic in question. Example regarding body hair in our situation: as long as I've known him, he's had a giant crazy mountain man beard. I loved it. A couple of weeks ago he decided to go completely clean shaven. Was I a little sad to see the beard go? Sure. Did I have any right to tell him not to? Absolutely not. His beard, his choice. He's as sexy with it as he is without.

If he told me to shave, that would be comparable to him telling me to color my greys or wear makeup or lose 5 pounds. NONE of these things are things a SO should control.

But we're just backwoods pot smoking feminist hippie liberals who like farmer's markets and treat other people with the intrinsic respect they deserve.

7. #47 undertoad, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    Hahahaha I was waiting for someone to give this reason for the double standard! Well played

its kinda like their job to look pretty amirite fellas?

Sure sure, initial physical attraction is totally important in mate selection, but tbh, if you met me randomly, there's a good chance you'd have no idea I don't shave.  In jeans and a t-shirt I look just like any other girl.

10. Do girls get moustaches?

Omega369

11. Yes. Granted I don't. But yes. There are also medical conditions like PCOS that affect women and cause them to grow abnormal (medically speaking) amounts of facial hair.

In general female moustaches are usually waxed or bleached. I have fine hair there, but nothing worth doing anything about. If it was thicker or darker, I'd probably bleach it. I give my eyebrows a little bit of shaping on occasion.

12. Can you take me on a mustache ride?

Omega369

13. I couldn't deal with that  :smoking:

14. Arm pits, facial, and pubic hair is where id have to draw the line.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I am totally fine with girls not shaving at all. Most of the time the no shaving is a phase some girls go through. I am a lesbian though so if I'm going eat out her pubes need to be trimmed or shaved/waxed. Nobody likes hair stuck in their teeth or in the back of their throat.
    I think it's hilarious how there are so many men that naturally do not have much hair. I see so many guys with arm hair similar to an elementary school kid. I do not view them as manly solely because testosterone causes thicker darker hair growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Thats like saying men shouldnt view females with small breasts as women. Funny.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. While it is a personal choice, I feel it is just as much a personal choice for us to prefer women that groom themselves. I have nothing against women that want to be "free", but would never see myself being attracted to this.

I have nothing against a bit of natural hair down there, but full out bush requiring a hedge trimmer is a no-go for me, especially when I take the time to manscape. However, hairy legs and armpits is a turn off for me. 

You have found yourself a real keeper though, seriously. I don't know many guys that would be comfortable with it.

18. I can't do pit hair. I hate my own pit hair...I would shave it but I don't want that itch.

Hairy legs and pubic hair is fine by me.

(High thought): I find pubic hair attractive on the oppisite sex, but I shave it off...weird.