Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cups Of Oil To Weed Ratio ???

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Local_high-jinx, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Hello everyone! Newbie here, well not to weed itself, been smoking it for over 13 years now, but I have just recently started making and taking edibles. I have made them all myself and have had good results up to this last time, where I got some weak oil. I have mostly done oil, as it is the easiest method, but I have done butter.

This last time I used 1/2 ounce of high grade ingredient, plenty of crystals and red hairs, Smoked a pinch for sampling and really good. I used 2 cups of oil for the whole half. Was that too much oil? What is rule of thumb sort of speak for oil to weed ratio?

Thank y'all for your help!

2. #2 dankness420, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2014
    Sounds good to me, there isn't an exact ratio to go buy.  My last batch of oil was 200mL of coconut oil(estimate) to 12g of nice bud(IMO).  Turned out fairly well considering I was rushed on time.

As long as the oil will absorb into the herb you are fine, when you have too much bud you will know.

Also if you have too much weed(lol) you can dry sift the trichs, smoke the herb and add the crystals to the oil to get more concentrated thc into your oil.