Why Do Parents Hate The Idea Of Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by HubbaBubba21, Aug 9, 2014.

1. When my dad found out I smoke he only cared at the fact that I could get arrested with something illegal, he doesn't care that I'm smoking weed. Stepmom doesn't give a fuck.. She'll walk in my room after I blazed a fat one offering me munchies, god bless her soul.

There are many reasons why parents hate it (media's view on weed, they claim it's a gateway drug, it's illegal etc)

2. Most parents are products of the prohibition era, where lies about Cannabis ran rampant, it's not really their fault. Their parents should have educated them better so as if to not blindly believe everything the idiot box tells you, or what anyone tells you as a matter of fact.

It's a good rule of thumb.

3. It's because you are under age

4. Because it's illegal. If the government was to hypothetically take aspirin and say there has been a recent discovery that is not "good" for you and they made it illegal yet all it did was help headaches, not as many people would buy aspirin now would they?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Old fashioned, close minded, it seems the older generation's tend to believe everything they hear on the news.

dilligaf

6. Update on my youngest she is getting straight A's in school and she is still smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. My parents smoke with me lol..

8. Two words.

Nancy Reagan.

9. absolute misinformation strikes yet again...

10. Because most of them are sheep.

11. My dad does not hate it, he smokes the herb <3

My mom, she doesn't hate it either ..I think.

12. my dad was the biggest pothead in the denver area he claims.. 

13. Crab people

Sent from my LG-E980 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Parents want their kids to be wealthy, career minded trophies they can brag about and weed makes you see though and abandon the rat race.

15. Also alot of parents think weed is more dangerous than alcohol which is FALSE.

16. in a word...misinformation.

17. Link? Anything? I want proof.

18. I'm a parent 6 times over.  My kids are all grown now but, they were aware of my weed ok, chemicals not ok policy and why.  They are all either in college or have already graduated, 2 have masters degrees.

Being a parent doesn't have anything to do with how one feels about anything.  Parents are just like everyone else, they are just people; each with their own mindset of what is right/wrong, good/bad about everything in life.

19. I don't know how much evidence there is for this, but I have found that it is mostly true. I started smoking at 16, but the potheads with reputations at school all started at around 13 and 14. However, I did end up smoking everyday, sometimes during school.

I ended up finishing my HSC (it's like the SAT's I think, but in Australia), going to university and getting a decent paying job, while every single one of the other guys dropped out after Year 10. One of them is on meth, another is a dealer (not just weed) and I think the other guys turned out somewhat alright.

Obviously it varies, depending on the individual, but the general pattern is that weed does do more damage to adolescents. I don't really recommend smoking before 18, but people are gonna do it anyway. It really does affect your brain development, memory and intellectual ability.

20. Weed gives parents a scapegoat so that everything that they don't like about their children can immediately be transformed into " oh it's the weed making him do that "

It makes it so parents don't have to take responsibility for their kids behavior when they can easily attribute any mistakes their children make to marijuana usage.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum