The Last Of Us Remastered

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by aToker, Aug 9, 2014.

1. I bought a copy that is still in the wrap from Black Friday 2013. I need to bust it out this weekend.

2. It's seriously the best game I have ever played, a few Nintendo games beside it though. You need to play it man

3. Last of Us had me interested, got really excited when it was announced for the PS4.

I'm not sure I'm about to be beheaded here - but I really don't find it to be all that it's said to be.

It's a good game, I'm not arguing that in any way, but I really can't see it as anywhere close to "one of the best games of all times". It's a good story, good environments, excellent graphics and I was always excited getting home from work and picking up the controller again.

The gameplay mechanics, however, are merely decent. Combat is repetitive, AI is flat-out glitched and the story, while being very compelling and immersive, is still extremely predictable. To me, this game is the equivalent of a hyped blockbuster - it delivers a neatly packaged story and provides a couple of hours of entertainment, but I won't be reminiscing about it in ten years time. 

If you want one of the top quality games out there for the PS4 - it's definitely worth a buy, and I respect the fact that people find it extremely enjoyable, just try to balance your expectations.

For reference: my favourite games of all times would include Another World, Silent Hill 2 and Shadow of the Colossus.

I give it 7/10.

4. It is a great game, but I got pissed at the autosave feature. Rather than saving to a separate slot (like almost all games do now) it follows the old method of saving on top of your most recent hard save. Needless to say my game save was corrupted on my second play through and it corrupted all three save files - ugh. It all started in the "underground tunnel" level - end of tunnel glitch. I found an example on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iW2xUkTTzw

However, I enjoyed the game so much I decided to play again - hard saving to new slots every time. I would like to buy the DLC, but I can't see myself paying $15 when I only paid $25 for the game (Amazon black friday sale). Does anyone know if these DLCs ever reduce in price?

5. i don't think the dlc is really worth it, just watch it on youtube if you want to know what happens... it's pretty short.

6. Watched the last play through last night, total gutted im never going to get to play this game!

7. Last of Remastered would be the first game I would pick up on the PS4
    if I didnt already have it on the ps3

witcher 3 has me givin in to gettin a Ps4 come the holidaze

Last of Us is a must have exclusive

8. The multiplayer is actually pretty awesome. I wasn't expecting to like a 3rd person shooter this much but i am so sick of COD this was a great change.