Movies With Historical Relevance(Star Wars)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by LuxSpiritus, Aug 8, 2014.

1. So I was thinking how in some movies I catch something that reminds me of a historical event around that time. Many movies have notions of their time period. But Star Wars was like a model of it's time period.

Here's Why:

The first George Lucas film of the Star Wars Trilogy. If you have seen it. You know the plot right. Just forget about the characters just like the background, the plot of the movie.
    If you haven't seen it. Basically it's just about an empire slowly spreading it's influence, and being fought against by the rebellion.

Know the original film was featured in 1977. While researching it, I found some resemblance of a secret meaning or message. In 1977 the Cold War was coming to a close around that time.
    So the cold war was an Empire 'The USSR', is spreading it's influence 'Communism', and the rebellion 'America' is fighting against it.
    Both with powerful outstanding weaponry.
    So the Death Star(The mass weapon that could destroy planets. A.K.A Nuclear Bomb) was a constant threat.
    I don't know why, or if it is.
    But from how I see it. It seemed to be a model of the predicament during the Cold War, which was in it's time period.

I thought this might seem interesting. Feel free to share your feelings, or some other film that you found a background story too.

2. Total Dribble....had you been around at this time, the cold war was doing real well, until Raygun and Gorbyfuc showed up, some years later, ..Star Wars ...as seen by the rest of the world ..was seen for what it was, ... pro Jewish corporate imperialism...the story was stolen from just about every single medieval film that Hollywood ever made, check how you dress b4 opening fly..!