Purple Trainwreck And Critical Kush

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by BanjoMitch, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Welcome everyone! Thanks for having a look at my grow journal. I grew a bag seed and just found out its a male. I've germinated a feminized purple Trainwreck and a critical kush. I figured this time I would keep a journal and share my findings. I've only grown the one bag seed before this. I decided I would try a side by side sativa and indica. I figured it would be pretty cool to see the differences as they grow and then feel the differences in the finished product.

Enough babbling, on to my setup. I'm running a 400watt MH for lighting. I've got the closet walls wrapped in Mylar. I only have a small desk fan for ventilation and no exhaust. I haven't had any troubles with temp yet so I'm hoping I won't untill I get bigger lights. As for my medium I am using standard potting soil mix and perlite about a 60/40 ratio respectively. I have fox farm trio bottled nutes.

Here's a few pics. The plant in the pics is the bag seed that turned out to be male.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407527734.955391.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407527760.602962.jpg

Here are the seeds ready for soil!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407527847.335647.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Well it has been 60 hours since they got dropped into soil. The sativa is staying true to her name already popped above the surface! The indica still has yet to show her face. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407767828.414826.jpg

3. Peak for the male man! could have had some heavy bud under all that foliage.. I'll keep on at your journal hope it goes well - been thinking about critical kush myself, will be nice to see how that turns out :)

4. What do you mean peak for the male? Sorry I'm a noob. I can't wait for the females to grow up. They will be so beautiful. Thanks for stoppin by man!

5. In the way im using it' it means feel sorry for you dude xD its cool tho!

I know how you feel , how big do you think you will get the sativa? Growing one of each strain along side each other is a great idea, to see the differences as they grow at the same time, good choice!!

6. Lol I gotcha.

I plan to top it and lst it so I should be able to manage the sativa size for the most part. My goal is to try to keep them similar heights but I imagine the sativa will be a bit wider and bushier.

That was exactly my thought! I want to compare the way each grow and see the differences. Also I'm looking forward to feeling the differences once they are both cured properly! I'm real excited for November!

7. Sounds good man, See that has me very curious to how it will turn out. Gets me excited lol
    I will be expecting a full smoke report after being cured ;)

My first grow will be with autos, most likely northern lights cant fucking wait!! 

8. Looking good, subbed in man 

9. Well I think I fucked up the critical kush seed. I think soil may have been to wet and it rotted. I'm germinating a blue cheese to replace it. This ought to be interesting. Now it's going to be a week behind and the PT is sativa so it should naturally be bigger faster. I'm going to have to do some serious LST on her to even them out.

10. You always want to lst anyway but what a good challenge to keep a level canopy now you can do it

11. Yeah I will always lst my plants I just mean I'm going to have to do it a lot more to the sativa than the indica to keep them even. It will be a challenge but who doesn't love a challenge. Especially since the indica is going to be about a week behind from seed. Thanks for stoppin by. Make sure to come back and see the comparisons.

12. looks good im subbed ive been smoking on some of purple trainwreck lately and the shit is dank i wanna see how this strain grows

"The pharmacuetical industry doesnt create cures, they create customers"

13. I've actually never tried either of the strains I'm growing. But I'm hopefully going to have quite a bit of each by the end of this.

14. purple trainwreck is great and ive never tried critical kush but i hear its bomb so you should be happy :) come check out my grow i cant post a link in the app so youll have to go to journals im growing purple haze its my first grow

15. Unfortunately my damn critical kush seed didn't make it so Ive replaced with a blue cheese. Hopefully the cheese will be above soil in the next day or 2. I can't change the title now either so I'm sure a lot of ppl will be confused. Especially later on once they are a few months old and no one wants to read through everything. Thanks for coming by tho ill pop over and have a look for ya.

16. that sucks but thats just how nature works man... i wanna see how blue cheese grows cause a friend if mine tried it and he said its really good

17. Yeah I'm not sure if it was nature or it was me. I'm leaning towards me tho. I think the soil may have been just a tad to wet when I put it in and it rotted. But I made sure not to do that twice. Quick way to waste $10. Ill be satisfied when the cheese breaks ground.

18. Well the blue cheese popped up and is growing fast!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408378545.938990.jpg

PT is looking good too.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408378579.538179.jpg

Blunts, Bitches and Banjos

19. Not quite sure what's going on with the PT. she's really light green and seems to be growing very slow.

The blue cheese seems to be doing fine. Certainly growing faster than the PT. already bigger and a week younger.

First two pictures are the PT the other 2 are blue cheese. It kinda looks like the PT might have nute burn? Anyone have any suggestions to solve that if it is the problem?
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408910978.367360.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408910998.919172.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408911014.500427.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408911053.799929.jpg

Blunts, Bitches and Banjos