Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Non_Decarbed Cannabutter?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by sparetheone, Aug 8, 2014.

1. So ivebeen making One quarter pound to 2.5 cups of butter without decarbing it first. I know when cooking its best to decarb at so and so degrees at so and so time but since i cook it s ok long and low doesnt that decarb and capture the vapors tou lose in regular de carb? I still get fudged the fudge up when i eat a single teaspoon

2. If it gets you high that's what matters! Although a good way I would imagine to estimate maximum potency would be to divide how much butter you have by how much bud you have, to give a ratio of weight to volume (such as .5g per tablespoon). You could try decarbing and not decarbing, and see how the effects compare with the same strain.

Any heat will speed up decarboxylation, the idea is to add enough, not too much to the point that the the degrades. Depending on how long you're cooking and at what temp, you may actually be over or under cooking for optimal thc decarbing.

Basically, without lab equipment it's hard to say if yours is as potent a at could be! But if it works for you, then sounds like it's just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Well i get fucked up on this fudge;}